NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, figured I start this thread as a catalyst for future meets. One of the biggest problems with starting meets is finding something to do. Hanging out and checking out each others' cars is fine, but not for hours on end (unless it's a medium/big car show). So post some suggestions, either an overall category or actual locations, and I'll add them to this first post. Hopefully this can be stickied if it gets big enough.

Go Karts
Racing
Car show
Food + Video Games
Outdoors
  • Beach
  • Park

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
Another one for go-karts is Ocala grand prix. The rack is a lot nicer than the one in orlando and we can rent it out for the day as a group. Thats hours of racing for $130 each. I'm not 100% sure but the price could go down with the more people we have. Minimum number to rent track is 5 ppl.

It's kinda far for the southern guys but its honestly worth it.
I went a few weekends ago and the karts are in good shape, pretty quick too.
The people there are very cool and there's a ton of great places for pictures afterwards, not to mention the epic pics of us racing on the track.

food for thought

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
hmm orlando sounds like a good idea or tampa again and cocoa is great to but theres nothing to do after

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Considering the length of the cruise we took the other day, it's not too unreasonable to have the meet start at some place like a beach or park, then cruise to another location for food/entertainment.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
the cruise is always the best part of a meet so the longer it is the better lol

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
yeah i think the problem with south florida, well I have not lived here that long, but cruising would only be A1A but alot of things to do after

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Updated first post with links to the official sites for each place/event (link in name), and their location(s) on Google Maps (link in city/cities).

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
I think a weekend meet would be cool, something like they do for the supras "Texas meet." They do dyno day and the 1/4th and road course the next. If we could get enough people maybe cfrc would let us do something like that.

West Palm
-ALOT of good places to eat
-nice beaches for photos
-city place- bars, shops, huge theater
- Nice hotels

Orlando
-CFRC, go karts, bithlo speedway (races fri and funday sunday)
-alot of nightlife
-idrive

Tampa
-Camp out at Justins new house haha!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Orlando speedworld also got track days on Wednesday

what about Miami, we need one down here!
Yeah im down for miami but I highly doubt somebody from gainsville or jacksonville is willing to drive 7 hours for a meet

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
^Exactly 7hrs is a long drive THERE, then 7 back. You wouldnt get home until the early morning. I have been to Miami too many times. I have more fun in west palm and lauderdale.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Thats hours of racing for $130 each. I'm not 100% sure but the price could go down with the more people we have. Minimum number to rent track is 5 ppl.
you should see if they would lower the price with more ppl attending. 130 seems like alot, dont think everyone would be down. but the idea is really good, and if they lower the price i'm sure we can get alot of ppl to attend

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you should see if they would lower the price with more ppl attending. 130 seems like alot, dont think everyone would be down. but the idea is really good, and if they lower the price i'm sure we can get alot of ppl to attend
Just sent them an email inquiring. If I can't get an answer that way, I'll stop by this weekend, since it's close to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i think starting at a beach then going to a track like the racing complex in orlando would be nice. should we start considering dates as well? maybe sometime in june? btw ravi, i get the car back on thursday, $975 later :/...and yes i know, i still gotta get the pics uploaded on here so people dont think im a "imaginary celica owner" pics from the meet look great btw

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
^Exactly 7hrs is a long drive THERE, then 7 back. You wouldnt get home until the early morning. I have been to Miami too many times. I have more fun in west palm and lauderdale.
you smoke good crack...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts