NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, selling 3 Megan Racing bars for the celi:

Rear Upper Strut Bar (attaches to the two seat hook points like the TRD one but does not require drilling to be attached to a third point)

Front Under Brace (Same as Tanabe one)

Rear Under Brace (Same as Tanabe one)

Bought them awhile ago, but ended up with Tanabe parts too and a TRD rear strut bar so don't need them. They have not even been installed yet.

Asking $35 for the Rear Upper Strut Bar, and $30 for the front under brace and $30 for the rear under brace.

I'm located in Irvine. Sorry, but due to work/classes I dont have time to ship these. Local pick up please. PM if interested, thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey i have those same 3 bars. what do you mount the front under brace to? any tips on install. it's the only one i cant get to fit
it goes on two bolts attached to the front suspension. They are right in front of the midpipe. They are 19mm i think and are incredibly hard to remove.

Cute toes
i'm glad you like em!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interested in the front under brace. Do you know if it will fit with an Auto trans?
Hmm, not sure, going off of the Tanabe website (the Megan Racing one is almost exact same dimensions), it just says it fits the ZZT231 GTS celica model, no word on auto or manual. Is there a big lump from the auto trans around the midpipe area between the two 19mm bolts that the bar will be connecting to though? If there is, it probably won't fit.

·
Whisper In The Red Sky
5,938 Posts
Hmm, not sure, going off of the Tanabe website (the Megan Racing one is almost exact same dimensions), it just says it fits the ZZT231 GTS celica model, no word on auto or manual. Is there a big lump from the auto trans around the midpipe area between the two 19mm bolts that the bar will be connecting to though? If there is, it probably won't fit.
I believe it won't fit with an AT. The design for the front lower tie bar is similar to the Cusco front tie bar.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I believe it won't fit with an AT. The design for the front lower tie bar is similar to the Cusco front tie bar.
See that's the rub unfortunately. If it's more similar to the Tanabe then it should work. If it's like the Cusco then it wont. :marky:

Anyone got pictures of the tanabe and cusco front under chassis braces for comparison?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the same underbrace, and the bolts where it's supposed to mount are too large to fit within the brackets of the brace (2002, manual trans GTS, maybe it was just my year). If you could get someone to cut the washers off of the bolts, then they'll fit. It works as a pretty sweet trunk bar tho, over the rear end of the spare tire area.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the same underbrace, and the bolts where it's supposed to mount are too large to fit within the brackets of the brace (2002, manual trans GTS, maybe it was just my year). If you could get someone to cut the washers off of the bolts, then they'll fit. It works as a pretty sweet trunk bar tho, over the rear end of the spare tire area.
Must be, I'm driving a 2001 GT swapped with a 2ZZ and GTS 6speed manual and it fit on just fine. Out of curiousity how the hecks do you put it in as a trunk bar? What does it even connect to?

·
Registered
58 Posts
i wanna say it's the same spot that the c1 trunk bar goes, near the back of the trunk. i can send you a pic of it. looks good if you cut the trunk carpet nicely

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow interesting. If this thing doesn't get sold which it might not even though I'm responding all PMs quite quickly I'll look into that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts