NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My springs I ordered from MR jsut came in and I don't see an instruction book or insert anywhere unless I missed it. Anyone ever installed these? Do I need to cut front or rear bump stops? How much do I need to cut them? Any other tips? The skunk 2 springs I bought in the classifieds screwed me because they were freaking focus springs so now I got these.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need to cut the bump stop in half.
As always you are dependable for a quick reply ;) Where should I make the cut and such. Do you know of where there is a picture to show? Maybe there is install instructions for another brand of springs somewhere online that I can look at?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never got another reply so I didn't cut them. Hope all goes well!

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
I have never jumped on the bandwagon of cutting the bump stops.

The strut will never travel far enough for the bump stop to come into play.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll get pics up this weekend if it doesn't rain or snow heh. Looks great! going bronze on stock wheels soon

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what kinda shocks did u use with them?
hows the ride quality compared to you old trd susp?
The TRD stuff was on my old ride. This is a diff car. Seeing as how I am in Alaska for two years I left stock shocks with the plan to replace them once I get back stateside. Ride is actually very good. Would have prob been netter if I had cut bump stops. Spring rate is a lil stiffer than stock I think but it works out great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.