NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
im not sure, but i did try Black Magic Wet Tire Spray, and it works really really really well! Just spray it on and let it set for like 3 minutes, no need to whipe or anything, and it totally changes the way the tire look. its been over a week since ive sprayed it, and it still looks pretty good. well, let us know how the meguiar's hot shine tire spray turn out.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've never used the spray...but I love the Endurance Gel. The stuff looks great and lasts a long time (compared to other products I've tried at least). I've noticed that it does get spun off if it doesn't get to soak in long enough, but that's just how it goes. Take a pic when you use it and I'll grab some for myself.

~Jeron

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've used the Meguiars spray, it works decently but not as good as the gel + applicator.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
With any of the sprays I find myself still following them up with a some sort of applicator to even it out and remove excess. Thus I've been using the gels recently, as it is the same amount of work.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have used the Black Magic stuff and it was good, but with the foams and sprays, like you guys said you have to sit there and remove any excess. As well that stuff seems to stain the driveway. Therefore gels seem to be better in my experience even though they are harder to apply than the other products. With the gels though, it seems as though the tires have to be very clean for the gel to stick to the tire, whereas with the foams and sprays, it seemed as though the tires didn't need to be as clean as with the gel.

This is my tire washing process now.....spray on a Tire and wheel cleaner, let sit 1 minute, spray with hose, then wash rims with car wash soap and a rag or sponge, with the same soap clean tires with a tire brush, then wash the car as usual and then apply the gel or foam or whatnot. The key is to have the tires as clean as possible before applying and this is why I apply the wheel cleaner and then I wash them a second time.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Sausage25ca said:
I have used the Black Magic stuff and it was good, but with the foams and sprays, like you guys said you have to sit there and remove any excess. As well that stuff seems to stain the driveway. Therefore gels seem to be better in my experience even though they are harder to apply than the other products. With the gels though, it seems as though the tires have to be very clean for the gel to stick to the tire, whereas with the foams and sprays, it seemed as though the tires didn't need to be as clean as with the gel.

This is my tire washing process now.....spray on a Tire and wheel cleaner, let sit 1 minute, spray with hose, then wash rims with car wash soap and a rag or sponge, with the same soap clean tires with a tire brush, then wash the car as usual and then apply the gel or foam or whatnot. The key is to have the tires as clean as possible before applying and this is why I apply the wheel cleaner and then I wash them a second time.
Uh, theres no need to whipe or anything for the black magic wet tire spray. all u do is spray the sidewells and thats it. i have no clue how you stained your driveway using the tire spray. doesnt happen to me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
What I'm saying is that there is runoff from the tire onto the rims, I just used it yesterday and it always happens. You have to sit there and wipe off the runoff with a rag or it will get on your rims. Also if it's windy little bits of foam will get on your freshly washed paint.

Some of them do stain the driveway and even state on the can that they may do that. I always wash my car on the street in front of my house and not my driveway to avoid this because it is not noticeable on ashphalt whereas it is on concrete.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
If you like the results from the spray but don't like the run-off why not just spray a little on a clean rag and use that to apply to the tire. (helps to avoid driveway staining too)

Stand down wind about 5 feet from the car and spray pointing away from the car if you are worried about getting any on the clean paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.