NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to use Meguires #7 Show Car Glaze then Gold Class Wax on my Celica. I was going to get the Part 2 Polish from Meguires but heard that the #7 Glaze is really just a polish. Is this right? I am beginning to wonder if I should have bought the part 2 polish. I don't want to mess up my paint.

Any advice??? Should I return the #7 show car glaze?

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
#7 will be a great replacement for the Part 2. Their glaze is a pure polish, meaning that there are no abrasives in it.

In any case you will not harm your finish if you use either #7 or Part 2. Remember that neither of them have any long term protection ability, so they need to be followed up by a wax to seal in the depth.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the confirmation on that. I plan to clean the car up, polish, and wax this weekend! Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Q. do you apply, let haze then buff off right(Both products listed above)?

just to make sure. Never polish my car just clayed(6mn a ago) and wax at least once a month with meg. gold class.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for all your help! Well, the #7 glaze worked ok, but there was not that much difference if I would have skipped it and just did a wax. It does have a little more wet/gloss look though. My car is silver, so it doesn't show reflections as much as a black car would. When I was putting on the glaze, my fiance said she liked the smell of it. LOL.

The big news today is that Maguires Scratch X is the bomb! It actually fixed my clear coat scrape/cracks which were created by someone's door hitting mine. After 3 applications, the polish, and the wax, you cannot see it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
damn 3 apps of scratch x that must have taken a long time. did you use a buffer?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
what do you do then bme107?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts