NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup socal,
so pretty much my step dad got a job opportunity in the OC and we might be moving by the end of this year. im just trying to see wassup with the area in case i do move down there.

i was curious to know who lived in the area.
wanted to know if the road conditions are low car friendly.
and if LA traffic is really as bad as i was told.....

thanks for the help :wiggle:

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
yeah LA traffic is pretty bad..whatever you were told multiply that by 5

the very south of OC like the Irvine/Tustin area is really nice, Newport Beach and Costa Mesa. north OC not as nice

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
south of OC like the Irvine/Tustin area is really nice, Newport Beach and Costa Mesa. north OC not as nice
fasho. ill keep that in mind when my mom tells me what part we're moving to lol
If you want $15 BJ's though, contact Haus of Johnny Gaga.
geeez thats a bit over priced. i'll pay no more than $10.

·
get that motabs going!
18,289 Posts
Truc is our ambassador from the OC. All questions should be directed to him.
correct....

Majority of Orange County have nice roads. Most of the mestup roads are usually in Central OC but compared to Los Angeles roads, its nothing damaging to your car. Cops in Orange County are not as an Azzhole as LA cops but two cities to really watch for are Irvine and Huntington Beach cops. They are azzholes. Will pull you over for fix it ticket cus they got shet to do. Not many crimes are gangs.

Southern Orange County are very nice mainly because thats where all the rich people live at. Irvine, South Tustin, Laguna Beach, Mission Viego, Dana Point, Lakeforest etc, Newport Beach and part of Costa Mesa. My area which are part of Central OC are just normal lookin cities. Not ghetto but not as clean as South OC. Certain parts of my area is not all bad . Huntington beach and Fountain Valley have very nice roads and are pretty nice. Anaheim ofcourse own by DIsney so some of the roads are nice. The only ghetto part in Orange County is Santa Ana. But again compared to ghetto in LA, it is nothing.

The good thing about living in OC is you are near almost everything. You're near the beach, any restaurants you feel like eating, couple of nice OC clubs you can hit up. No need to worry about Gangs because even though we do have gangs in Orange County, its mostly a bunch of idiots hangin out tryin to start trouble or be cool. Wangstas more like it. They're not real gangs. All the gangs are in LA County. And unless you're in Down Town Orange County in ghetto Santa Ana, you will never ever have to pay for parking like in Los Angeles. And there are a lot of Plazas you can hang out in Orange County. A lot of outlids you can go.

·
get that motabs going!
18,289 Posts
Traffic in orange county is not as bad as LA county. I mean it only make sense since LA got more people than OC. You will always get rush hour traffic no matter where you at but LA traffic especially near down town LA is like a parking lot. You will enjoy the 405, one of the biggest freeways in the U.S and still traffic up the azz

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
sup socal,
so pretty much my step dad got a job opportunity in the OC and we might be moving by the end of this year. im just trying to see wassup with the area in case i do move down there.

i was curious to know who lived in the area.
wanted to know if the road conditions are low car friendly.
and if LA traffic is really as bad as i was told.....

thanks for the help :wiggle:
Only parts of OC that I like are by the beaches. Go live by the beach and you will always be happy. What a view to drive home with. The nicest areas are by the beach, everything inland from there is just filler. They could nuke the rest and nobody would care. Well, ok except for maybe Disneyland. LOL.

The roads are decent. They're newer so they're usually better. But gotta watch out for MAJOR dips in a lot of neighborhoods. They are usually to drain water out of the neighborhoods. The roads might be nice but if you have a low car, the dips will mess yo **** up.

Traffic in the area is bad. The 405 is a parking lot, but so is the 91. If you ever have a need to go out towards Chino Hills, DON'T use the 91. Not unless you like sitting in traffic on a trip that should only take an hour but instead takes 3 hours. Problem is, you can sometimes get around quicker using surface streets, but then you're running the risk of hitting more dips. And then they have the stupid Toll roads which in a pinch can be useful but otherwise take up a lane of traffic which would otherwise relieve some of the traffic in certain areas.

As far as cops are concerned, DON'T go into south Orange County. I worked with an ex-cop who used to laugh that they weren't doing their job unless they could pull anyone with a fixed up ride over before they got off the overpass. Basically, if you're aren't some rich conservative snob, they don't want you in their neighborhood. Oh and that's the other thing, the OC is like the bible belt of LA. Super conservative christian douchbagery there.

So what does your dad do for a living? What company is hiring these days? This area got hit really hard by the recession.

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,306 Posts
WELLL............... I am in central Cali right now :p but I've lived in Reseda, Van nuys, Ventura.

LA did have alot more to do.... and so many more exotic cars.

·
get that motabs going!
18,289 Posts
LA did have alot more to do.... and so many more exotic cars.

there's more exotic cars in Newport Beach and irvine area than LA. Mainly cus the roads in those are are nice and people don't want to drive their 100 thousand dollar cars on landmines in LA. Go to Cars and Coffee in Irvine and you know what im talking about.

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,306 Posts
there's more exotic cars in Newport Beach and irvine area than LA. Mainly cus the roads in those are are nice and people don't want to drive their 100 thousand dollar cars on landmines in LA. Go to Cars and Coffee in Irvine and you know what im talking about.
Yup! members from Lotus talk always attend those. I heard they were cancelled for a while but have come back.

·
get that motabs going!
18,289 Posts
It was never canceled. It used to be at Crystal Cove near Newport Beach but because the rich folks that live there complained about people revving their engines too loud disturbing the piece, it got shutdown for like a month or so and moved to Irvine next to the Irvine Spectrum.

then they added a C&C in san diego also but i heard the SD one suck.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts