NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you change the head lights on a celica?... do you have to take the whole head lamp out or can u do it wiht everything still on?, i cant get the old light out, an i can barely fit my hand in there as it is.. and when i get ahold of the light, it wont twist out or anything, any screws or a pin holding it in?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.....!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
Lark, my boy theres like a gate that holds in the bulbs. You have to push the gate in at the top and then pull it up a slight bit and then it will swing out. Then you can access the bulb. Make note that the bulb is keyed. There is a top and a bottom to the bulb fitting in the socket. You should be able to change your bulbs no problem now. You need more help pm me

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, got it...what'a pain in the ass

·
Registered
910 Posts
lark are you going to consider hids???????.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Even mine are a pain... the left side can only be reached by putting you hand next to a jagged part of the cars frame.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just wait until you accidentially knock the gate off :mad:
BE GENTLE

I had to remove the whole assembly. (The last bolt is behind the nose cover towards the front of the head light assembly - just in case) ;) (the highbeams are really hard to reach)

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
it makes it much easier if you take one of the housings off the first time, and really get a good look at how it works. I just happened to be putting in an intake at the same time as I got my bulbs and already had the bumper off so that's what I did. Since then i've changed the bulbs without removing the housings, it takes a little patience to get that damn clip on, and if you knock it off, i'm sure you'll have to take out the housing to put it back on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts