NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you like cigars or have ever watched Scarface you know what a Cohiba Yellow label is. These cigars are very rare and very expensive and are hard as hell to get a hold of. I have a hook up in the Dominican that was able to ship me 3 boxes. My friend was supposed to go half with me and never came up with the cash. No hard feelings but I need to cover some of my expenses. These bad boys can go for up to $30 a pop depending of what you get and where you get them. I have opened one box and still have 2 sealed. I am willing to sell these little treasures for $10 a piece + shipping. OR...If you want a box make me a decent offer. Thanks for the interest.

Carlos

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
every time i go to Cuba i bring back a box!! and i pay about 100.00$ can!!hihi ! its fun to live in Canada, but the cold really sucks!

·
Registered
666 Posts
30$ a piece? how comes cohiba yellows are so damn expensive in the states? is it because the whole cuba-thing? those cigars run approx. 2$ in cuba and approx 5-6$ in germany.

you guys might want to try some partagas. much richer in taste.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by kawika
30$ a piece? how comes cohiba yellows are so damn expensive in the states? is it because the whole cuba-thing? those cigars run approx. 2$ in cuba and approx 5-6$ in germany.

A man with good taste :)

DR Cohibas are OK.......the Cuban ones are better though.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kawika said:

You guesed it. As far as prices go this is not Cuba or Germany. $10 is a Damn good price.

My choice of cigar other wise is a Padron Anaversario 1964.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
i've always wondered... do u inhale cigars? or is it just for taste

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are strictly for the taste. The tobacco is MUCH stronger and 1 cigar = about 5-15 cigarettes depending on size. So you dont really want to inhale them :) They are also rolled very differently than cigarettes. Cigars are actually rolled with whole leaves rather then minced or shredded tobacco. You should buy one and try it out...:wiggle:

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Here's my post from the other thread:

Most obvious point to these being fake is the Wrapper. It's like looking at a pair of fake Oakleys, a fake Rolex or a fake Coach bag. If you aren't familiar with the originals, then you may believe these to be real ones. I have hook ups to real Cubans, I have some in my Humidor now and I have had enough in my time to spot a fake right off the bat.

For beginners, here's a good place to start in recognizing fakes vs. the real deal:

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Counterfeits/Counterfeit_Gallery/0,3390,,00.html

Here is a genuine 2003+ wrapper for reference:

Cohiba's new band was released in June, 2003, first appearing on the new Siglo VI. The design is familiar to Cohiba smokers, with some notable differences. The first is the gold on the word "Cohiba" and its surrounding border, plus a gold line has been added running through the center of the band. The "La Habana, Cuba" script on the old label has been changed to simply "Habana, Cuba". Lastly, there are now three rows of white square dots above the word "Cohiba" where before there were two. All Cohibas being produced now are being packaged with the new bands, but old bands are still in circulation.

Here is a genuine prior to 2003 wrapper for reference:

And now here is one of his fakes:

Now I don't know if he got ripped off, or if he is trying to rip us off, but either way they are fake and no where worth $10 a stick. Sorry.

Also, Yellow labels are only Cuban and only produced in Havana Cuba. All Dominicans have the exact same wrapper as you find in the store because Dominicans are legal in the US.

Genuine Dominican wrapper:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts