NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i crashed my celica and i got 18 000 for it from that guys insurance. it was 2001 with 40 000 miles and it was gt i was amazed when they told me how much am i gonna get for it. well i am looking to spend up to 30 000 and i am thinking either m3 or mitsu vr4, rx7 or roush mustang or maybe even gs400 i am not sure yet. i'll post some pics when i get the car. celica saved my life and surely made me a richer man hehehe.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
it's great that you are getting all that money. You may wanna think realistically about the situation.

Your insurance WILL go up if this accident was your fault. I mean WAY up. So prepare for that. might be wise to just get another car in the Celica GT range.

·
Registered
827 Posts
If you're going to spend 30k, I'd probably get a car worth about 15k, and then spend the other 15 on building up the internals and other performance goodies. An Rx7 would be an excellent choice... but living in Michigan, hardly anybody knows what the hell a rotary even is! So, I'd probably get a 300zx and get some forged pistons, rods, valves, springs, retainers... the whole nine yards. Then get two 16g turbos, exhaust, etc. etc. Maybe even get a nice paint job for 4k... who knows... an M3 would be nice too... as long as you have some cash left for upgrades.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
i agree go for something cheaper... i'd get something simple but make it nice. what about an eclipse?

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Vr-4 the stages on that think get mind altering. check out http://www.3si.org/ and look at the mods section on the home page. If I wasn't after a cheaper running economy car, I'd be looking into a Dodge Stealth Rt TT. I've seen several of those for less than 10k and still in good condition while the VR-4 is around 12-15k+. for same year and condition.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Go with the VR-4. Amazing to drive. the M3 is comparable...but i thought the VR-4 was faster and more fun to drive around. Haven't driven an RX-7 though. sorry.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Neither, with 30K you can get a used MR2 and upgrade the suspension and do some trubo work!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Good job. It's amazing what some people get on their cars stolen or totalled. My friend got his 2000 (2001?) civic SI stolen (not the newest gen) and it had 22,000 miles on it, but for some reason he got $16,500 from insurance. It's like he gets an almost brand new Si again.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yea, insurance companies pay a pretty good amount for stolen cars... they're definitely fair in that respect. Mine was a 99 and it had 55k miles when it was stolen in 2002 and I got 15,500! Anyway, my friend has a 93 VR4 and my dad had a 91 SL. They're nice cars, but they need to go on a diet! I'm not too fond of the VR4's transmission either. My friend has some basic bolt-ons: filter, exhaust, boost controller and he broke his trans twice!!! Warranty covered it the first time, but the 2nd time he was pretty much screwed! As for the eclipse... I've always liked the body style of the 95+, but careful with crankwalk!!! To each his own i guess...

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
If he gets a M3 New he probably won't have much left to mod with for a long time. (but I don't know his financial situation) He can buy A VR-4 or RT TT from 6k to 15k and have enough money to build up the engine, upgrade to bigger turbos & suspension mods and have a car that does 11's in the quarter.

·
Registered
827 Posts
You could do the same with an Rx7, 300zx tt, mr2 turbo and several other cars. I guess it all comes down to personal preference. I used to love the look of the 3000gt's... but i think they're starting to look dated! And good luck trying to find a body kit for them!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Im going to vote for an E36 (second newest body style) M3. You can push them with a turbo to about 700Hp if done by a good shop. I have seen an 800Hp one at a shop down in miami.

IF you dont feel like spending that kind of cash, go for the RX. You need to do some serious research on the RX and then have the entire car looked over. RX's are one of the testiest cars on the road

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I think he should get either a MR2 or Rx7 he can mod the crap out of them and have a really nice car. M3s are nice but hella expensive. VR4s are just waiting for something to go wrong with their all wheel drive all wheel steering system. IMHO

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
OOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

take some of that insurance money and take a driver's course to learn how to drive properly before you endanger someone else's life again...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts