NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
For show man, we keep up the maintenace on all our cars.

*2002 TL Type S (aunt's car)
*2005 Civic Si (my car)
*2001 Acura Integra GSR (brother's car)
*2002 Acura MDX (dad's car)
*2001 Prelude Type SH (girlfriend's car)

We all have over 100K on the clock and all is well. :)
wait wait wait

are you PROUD of living with your parents or something?

AND considering an NSX or Elise?

maybe, I don't know - consider a house?

·
Banned
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
lol when you get said car and put all your efforts into it make sure you go to the track with your AWD/RWD car...don't be shocked if some FWD Econobox snatches that a$$ by the 330 mark and continues down the rest with some serious backhalf power. FWD cars have been doing just fine before your time and mine against all platforms. A 1.5 1.6 60 is the same...whether AWD RWD or FWD. Anything can be made fast...hondas just get it done with the least coin
Im not knocking FWD...my favorite FWD of all time is the 195 HP 2001 Integra Type R which unlike the EP3/DC5/FG/FA has double wishbone suspension and not Mcphereson. All my RWD/AWD friends make fun of me for putting around in a "fail wheel drive" FWD as they jokingingly call it but they dont see the potential...however almost any car out there has potential if you dump enough money into it with modifications/fabrication/etc. And i wouldnt be shocked if a FWD beats my car...ive seen janky CRXs kill sports cars. I dont understand how anyone can be surprised...like i said anything with enough green put into it can and will be fast. My best friend let me drive his S2K and ive driven a friend's WRX...i gotta say that after those sessions i gotta go with RWD/AWD over a FWD. Thats just my preference, i dont claim to be Alex Zanardi or the Drift king so my driving abilities are no where near pro but i just had more fun in the RWD ie. S2000 for kicking out the back end and AWD ie. the WRX for superior traction and handling.

·
Banned
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
wait wait wait

are you PROUD of living with your parents or something?

AND considering an NSX or Elise?

maybe, I don't know - consider a house?
I never said i was proud of living with my parents however i dont see a problem with it. A lot of my friends (most are Asian and 18+ years old) still live at home. Im just stating this out of opinion but i think with the Asian race...were arent kicked out on our own as soon as we hit 18 and parents dont mind the kids still living at home as long as they carry their weight/contribute. My Caucasian friends tell me they had to leave the nest at 18 since they were "adults" according to their parents which yes 18 is an Adult...21 is probably when its really official. But my friend Danvi is 28 and lives with her dad...my best friend Max who owns the S2k is 23 like me and still lives at home. I would only be embarassed if i didnt carry my weight around the house. I pay for the food/supplies and do the yardwork. My parents are happy to have me around stilll and so am i...aint no shame in it. And the nsx has been my dream car since elementary school....being a die hard Honda fan its something we all want...welll i cant speak for all but i can for myself. Ill get the house im living in when my parents pass but thats something i dont want to think about cause thats just sad.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
I never said i was proud of living with my parents however i dont see a problem with it. A lot of my friends (most are Asian and 18+ years old) still live at home. Im just stating this out of opinion but i think with the Asian race...were arent kicked out on our own as soon as we hit 18 and parents dont mind the kids still living at home as long as they carry their weight/contribute. My Caucasian friends tell me they had to leave the nest at 18 since they were "adults" according to their parents which yes 18 is an Adult...21 is probably when its really official. But my friend Danvi is 28 and lives with her dad...my best friend Max who owns the S2k is 23 like me and still lives at home. I would only be embarassed if i didnt carry my weight around the house. I pay for the food/supplies and do the yardwork. My parents are happy to have me around stilll and so am i...aint no shame in it. And the nsx has been my dream car since elementary school....being a die hard Honda fan its something we all want...welll i cant speak for all but i can for myself. Ill get the house im living in when my parents pass but thats something i dont want to think about cause thats just sad.
You sound like an asian ricer. If I was asian and living with parents and rich I would drive what most asins drive here. BMWs. I am ****ing drunk though.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
could swear the thread was asking about the reliability of an Evo and not whether or not the OP should buy an Evo...or a Ford Fusion
Most new cars are reliability douche. This thread could have ended with one response, but the fact that the OP kept responding obviously means he wanted opinions on the Evo X. It isn't a smart car to buy. A Ford Fusion isn't a smart car to buy unless you get employee pricing like I did, and if driving 30k miles it is stupid to purchase a Evo X.

It is stupid to drive a Neon regardless. My insurance agent agrees.

·
Banned
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
You sound like an asian ricer. If I was asian and living with parents and rich I would drive what most asins drive here. BMWs. I am ****ing drunk though.
I would love to have a brand new M3...*drool* but im not chief lots of dough. And as much as i love BMWs...the maintenace costs are sky high. You can tell who has money and who doesnt...the people who buy German cars ie BMW/Mercedes and never complain about repair costs/maintenace mostly likely have the geep...the ones who constantly whine are probably struggling with car payments and could barely afford the car. And as for being called a ricer...you could say that and i admit it since i lowered my car 3+ inches and sacrifced suspension travel/handling for aesthetics and how i threw on a carbon fiber CTR style wing on a FWD car. But i dont care...i modified the car for street use and its far from being a track/autocross queen. And im happy with it...i used to knock people for throwing on altezza tails and lambo doors...but its their car and if it makes them happy then thats all that matters. Im free to my opinion but i wont disrespect them. Its one thing to have an opinion, its another to hate.

·
Banned
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Most new cars are reliability douche. This thread could have ended with one response, but the fact that the OP kept responding obviously means he wanted opinions on the Evo X. It isn't a smart car to buy. A Ford Fusion isn't a smart car to buy unless you get employee pricing like I did, and if driving 30k miles it is stupid to purchase a Evo X.

It is stupid to drive a Neon regardless. My insurance agent agrees.
Yep i wanted information about the X regarding reliablity from people who own one or have experience with one (Yes i know this a Celica forum but it dont mean everyone here own just a Celica) so i asked this question on all the car forums im on and of course the Evo forums as well. And like i said before, it looks like its just the clutch master cylinder issue being the major problem...the rest are just minor issues. Just like how i learned the STI has 4th piston failure...now that can be a major stressor. Id rather have clutch issues over motor....but neither is good of course. Anyways best friend is still set on the Evo X so far...i keep telling him to just keep his S2K since its still a performer being RWD/roadster/and having decent power...its not blistering fast but it gots handles and the thing is reliable. Its a Honda...you can beat the sh!t out of it without worries lol. Not that i advocate that but i redlined my Integra a good amount back when i was 16 (yeah i was immature) and the thing never broke on me.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
redlining your car makes you immature?? I find it hard to believe you're 23...

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Its a Honda...you can beat the sh!t out of it without worries lol. Not that i advocate that but i redlined my Integra a good amount back when i was 16 (yeah i was immature) and the thing never broke on me.
You must have missed all the Honda recalls recently. All you need to do is look at the parts content of Toyota/Honda. If the car (and most popular models are to keep up with demand) has a parts content that is more than 50 percent American I would cross shop American brands.

The only car company that hasn't let quality go to **** by moving operations to America was Hyundai, but they were **** to begin with so I guess you can only go up when you built **** cars in the 90s.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
I would love to have a brand new M3...*drool* but im not chief lots of dough. And as much as i love BMWs...the maintenace costs are sky high.
I bet the monthly cost of owning a EVO X new vs owning a BMW 3 series new favors the BMW.

I am willing to bet the depreciation, interest rate, insurance costs and fuel cost are all cheaper on the BMW.

I am telling you the EVO X is not a smart car to buy if you must buy a new car.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts