NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have this kit and i have had it installed for awhile now, and everycouple months my drivers side headlamp goes out and it is usually just a fuse for the headlight. when i bought the hids i bought the relay harness but coul not figure out how to use it, can anyone give me advice or intructions on how to use the relay harness, because it seems only one of the ballasts can hook up to the relay and the other one cannot.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Are you running 55w? or Hi/Lo HID's?(don't even think these would work in our cars because we have seperate bulbs for hi/lo) Cause if your only running the standard 35w HID's then you dont need a relay harness because HID's (35w) use about half of much power as stock so you should blow a fuse.......

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not using them for highbeams just the low beam in the projector. i dont know what wattage they are, the lights are from mod express so i would assume they are just 35w

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Well you shouldn't be blowing a fuse then.....I've never heard that or expeirenced that and i've had HID's for like a year on my 2000 and a year on my 93 and no problems. If only one is doing it check and see if there are any exposed wires maybe its hitting metal and shorting out. Maybe do a search on the forum, or contact Mod Express.....

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
it's funny how stock bulbs last forever but the blue bulb craze a few years ago resulted in people having to replace their expensive bulbs monthly. surprisingly my ultra white aftermarket bulbs have been in my car for six years. i'd just go back to stock and not deal with police ticketing me for not having headlight(s)...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.