NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had a 2000 GTS Celica for a while now and i've saved up a decent amount of money working my ass off to build it up a little bit. I'm more concerned about power and reliability than the money. First, i was wondering what the best air intake would be because i read different tips everywhere and i'd like to buy one soon. Then i have been told to install dual exhaust and buy an air filter, but i'm up for any advice and i am planning on taking small steps with the engine so whatever anyone would recommend would help a lot. Then i plan to focus on a body kit so any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks a lot

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
if anyone doesn't mind making some sort of list of exact sites to visit or parts to buy based on their experience or preference, then that would be great! i mean i'm admitting that i am a complete newbie and i really have no clue how to do much of these things, but id like to learn so i'd really appreciate it. Don't get me wrong the help so far has been awesome so thanks everyone

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
ebay CAI (40-50shipped) + BBmod = nice gain
TRD exhaust (extended if buying bodykit later)
Boosted2.0 ported header
Fidanza Short Shifter (45-55shipped)

intake, SS, exhaust is a starter and easy to do and install...for power, go with flywheel, clutch..

Ground Wire kit, for better sound and better distri. of ground..
Front upper strut bar (Tanabe $92+shipping) (suprastore.com) --lots of different in feel yo..

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
when it comes to ebay it depends..if your going to get brand name parts off ebay then by all means go for it..if your looking for knock off parts then dont..only part i reccomend is the intake mainly bc i have the ebay one and can vouch for it. get a quality exhaust,header, and strut bar...you can find the top brand name parts like dc header for example for 260 at titanmotorsports.com search is good on this site but also take the time and search on google and check out the sponsors section to find the best qoutes for parts on the celica. orderwise easiest to hardest is cai strut bar exhaust springs header. now if you get all these at once install the header first and then springs..you'll need a lift for the header and spring compressor for the springs..the others you can do right in your home garage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright cool thanks again! is there anyone who can vouch for or against any of the parts i have on my list?(i made that list in like 5 min so i know its prob not the best, but i did have a few items that were previously recommended in this thread)because of course like everyone else i dont want ****ty parts on my car, but also i would like to save as much money as possible!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i just got a nice check from work today and i plan on spending some of it on an exhaust now. I am in the process of purchasing the ebay bomz CAI, but i wanted some help with the exhaust. I have no experience with exhausts, but I am looking for a part with decent power gains, but won't attract too much police attention. I don't need it to scream I just would like a decent sounding exhaust with decent power for a reasonable price. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
tanabe..is very good for strut bar..i have megan and it works just fine..as for as exhaust go..i dunno..i have a universal one and it sounds good and there is a gain on it but not much..TRD is good for gain..but the one u had...i dunno..it won't be a cat-back that's for sure..even though it said it is..it'll just be axle back..the only cat-back for our car is the kazuma..and that sh*t is loud..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks man, yeah i was interested in the Kazuma until heard that it is loud as **** thats why i found that crappy one on ebay, but i guess i'll have to spend a little more money on the TRD. it should be worth it though :chuckles:

anyone else own any of these parts they'd like to recommend?

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Why competition sways over the street BB?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok i ordered the ebay cai already and now i'm focusing on an exhaust. i want an exhaust with a nice power gain, and one that has a nice sound without getting me a ticket! i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go with the trd, but i am planning on buying a body kit, so should i go ahead and get the extended length now or is there an easy way to do that after i buy the kit? thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hotchkis Comp Sways --- Absolutely... my first mod followed by eibach springs and I have been loving the handling since. It completely changed the car. It just depends what you are looking for in your mods. I have done little in the engine bay, because if you can keep up the speed when the road gets twisty then there is no acceleration needed to get back up to speed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts