NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on my way to work in Fairfax County Parkway....this red lightning came up to me and looked over.....i smiled and the truck looks nice and clean. We were doin 60 MPH but slow down to 40 MPH and i dump into 2 gear and dip. We were even for like 3 seconds and then i started pullin on him slowly. We shut down at 5th gear with me beatin him. He was cool. Gave me the thumbs up and left...i have seen quick Lightnings and i dont know what he had but it was quick...Whats the spec on them?

·
Registered
272 Posts
:bs:

what car do you have?

Lightnings make 380hp and 380 lb-ft of torque and they are supercharged so there is no way you beat one. he was just playing around with you.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
What do you have done to your gt? I would assume some sort of fi.

·
Registered
272 Posts
yes he would have to be F/I with some mods on top of that to beat a lightning.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
his story might be likely because the lighning isnt as effiecient off of a 40mph roll because it dosent drop into the low gear. When my friend raced a lightning in his Mustang gt they raced off a 40 and my friend pulled a fender. Then he said the car isnt very good 0ff of 40 so they went off a 20 and he pulled about 2 cars from that roll. So maybe it was just the roll they went off of that hurt the lightning. Just some speculation from past experiences

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Rickclarke23
his story might be likely because the lighning isnt as effiecient off of a 40mph roll because it dosent drop into the low gear. When my friend raced a lightning in his Mustang gt they raced off a 40 and my friend pulled a fender. Then he said the car isnt very good 0ff of 40 so they went off a 20 and he pulled about 2 cars from that roll. So maybe it was just the roll they went off of that hurt the lightning. Just some speculation from past experiences
but a mustang GT is very different to a celica GTS.

Originally posted by ItLooksFast
i was on my way to work in Fairfax County Parkway....this red lightning came up to me and looked over.....i smiled and the truck looks nice and clean. We were doin 60 MPH but slow down to 40 MPH and i dump into 2 gear and dip. We were even for like 3 seconds and then i started pullin on him slowly. We shut down at 5th gear with me beatin him. He was cool. Gave me the thumbs up and left...i have seen quick Lightnings and i dont know what he had but it was quick...Whats the spec on them?
He was toying with you or it wasnt a lightning. an SVT lightning can run mid 13's. Also has great topend for a truck.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dunno all it said was Lightning...i dotn think it was SVTs....cuz i have seen some them and they are freakin quick....i dont think he was toyin with me cuz we when dip his truck was loud adn i know he was goin for it....i can barely here my engine when we were side by side....maybe if i see him on the road again ill ask him;)

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
i dunno all it said was Lightning...i dotn think it was SVTs....cuz i have seen some them and they are freakin quick....i dont think he was toyin with me cuz that truck is loud....i can barely here my engine when we were side by side.
Its and 'SVT Lightning' there are no other models. I've beaten some cars that I shouldn't have in my time......but a Lightning?.....hmmm

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
man i have seen 7thsign has beaten car that i have never thought a celica could beat....stock corvettes, EVOs, WRXs. So dont underestimate wat Celica can do especially when its driven by a good driver (not me yet but 7thsign is).

hey Rickclarke....after ur swap..whats the fastest car uve beaten that u think u wouldnt?

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
man i have seen 7thsign has beaten car that i have never thought a celica could beat....stock corvettes, EVOs, WRXs. So dont underestimate wat Celica can do especially when its driven by a good driver (not me yet but 7thsign is).

hey Rickclarke....after ur swap..whats the fastest car uve beaten that u think u wouldnt?
Georgie put a smack down on me.......

My friend had a Lighning. He ran mid to low 13's. And when he would take the O/D off he would run 12's.

He took out a modded M3 and put about 4 car lengths on it by 80mph with the O/D still on.

Dont think he was really racing you.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
with 7th's mods from a troll he has a shot at those cars. That was more due to THEM than him. Dont over glorify teh celica.

Originally posted by MicaCeli
Georgie put a smack down on me.......

My friend had a Lighning. He ran mid to low 13's. And when he would take the O/D off he would run 12's.

He took out a modded M3 and put about 4 car lengths on it by 80mph with the O/D still on.

Dont think he was really racing you.
:werd:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alrite well i guess he didnt race me then......but why would mess with some1 and then when they try to race you, u didnt race them....wouldnt that be stupid and pusssying out?..i dont care, my car is slow anyways:(

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I pulled on an evo from a roll, lt1 z28, wrx with mods from a stop, and a gsr hatch. All should have been faster than me but werent. Drivers play a big roll in racing. I know the celica is not faster than some of the cars i have beaten but sometimes wierd things can happen. Also all those races were set up off a stop so i know they were racing. I have since lost to the evo (badly), Wrx, and the hatch when they learned to drive better. Havnt seen the Camaro again.

So i say good kill there is no way of telling the numerous factors to take into account. Maybe his truck wasnt even running right. Just too many factors to base in. Good kill

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised at all if it was a ricer domestic owner in a f150 with lightning badges that you raced.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's what I am thinking, FAKE. Some people will go to great lengths for people to think their cars are fast.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Littleguy said:
I wouldn't be suprised at all if it was a ricer domestic owner in a f150 with lightning badges that you raced.
yep definitely some uncles bens. (domestic rice)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts