NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I drive a 2000 gt-s and eventually plan on modding the hell out of it once I get a better job :p anyways I was wondering if I would still be able to pass emissions with a power pfc? I know in all odb2 cars they will check emissions via the odb2 port, but since it wont have the stock ecu I'm almost 100% sure the odb2 test would either not work compeltely or fail, now will they still test emissions at the tail pipe or is that an automatic fail if your odb2 port doesn't work?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
turbos = illegal.. you wouldnt pass either way.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Hmm. I had a friend who had a turbo DC4. He said that he just put the cat pipe back and he passed emissions. Maybe he didnt have ODB II. IDK

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
I wonder if you can request the test that they stick a rod into your exhaust to measure emissions. Is taht called ODB I?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I know for a fact they do not pop your hood, if I can just get around the odb2 part then I'm sure I could program the pfc to a map that is emissions legal, wouldn't you think?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
bump, anyone in WA have any exp with emissions and mods?

edit: just found this link: http://www.ecy.wa.gov/pubs/0502030.pdf

in the PDF it says "If your vehicle does not have OBD, or has a type of OBD system that has problems with OBD testing, the lane operator will do a tailpipe test. For a tailpipe test, the operator inserts a probe into the tailpipe while the engine is running, to sample air pollutant levels."

So I'm guessing that if they can not complete a OBD test even if your car is equipped with either ODB1 or 2 they will do a tailpipe test and not bother with why the OBD isn't working, especially in a newer vehicle?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Bump on this. FYI, just got back from the emissions place, and rather than doing a simple simple simple simple simple...n tailpipe test they will give you your money back instead.

They couldn't locate my ODB so I have to get under there and find the dang thing before I go back. Stupid tags are already up.

Just my 2c.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.