NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was sitting in class today, and thought this would be a great thing for myself and others that are new to the mod scene to have. I would think the most credible replies on it would be from Admins or those who have heavily modified their car - and been around the block. Therefore, I'd ask only those who have heavily modified THEIR OWN CAR to reply w/ a list :D

So here's what it is. Let's say your car is stock right now, and you were gonna mod it all over again. Give a list of mods, in order, that you would do.

I'll provide you with an example in case you're not following me

1) s2000 antenna
2) paint engine plastics
3) underdash neons

etc.

thanks, hope to see alot on this

P.S. If any admin wants to sticky this, or move it to a more appropriate forum - please do so :)

[edit] - this isn't really what your personal preference of mods is, keep in the technical sense of mind - like if you think it would be better to slam the car then get a bodykit, list that... if u think it would be better to get rims before slamming the car, list that as well :)

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
1) Lotz of Grafikz
2) ALtezzas
3) Windshield Washer LED's
4) TRD Seatbeld pads
5) Undercar Neon (2 different colors)
6) Under dash neon (Strobe)
7) Front mount intercooler (not hooked up.....just for looks)
8) Pep Boys shift knob
more to come....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this was meant to be a serious thread, not one with flagrant ignorance. go back to off topic pls.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1) shocks/coilovers adj. KONI
2) Header HotShot...AMSS...Trial
3) Intake Injen...AEM...BLITZ
4) Exhaust TRD....TRM....Veilside...Greddy
5) Rims and Tires Racing Hart Z5000 Tenzo SHU4 (17")
6) Tachometer
7) AEM underdrive pulley
8) Techno-R2 Bodykit / Buddy Club 2 bodykit
9) C-one Spoiler / WW V-Line Spoiler
10) C-one hood Scoop
11) DVD Motorized
12) His/hers Sunroof or moonroof
13) Nitrous Express Import EFI single Nozzle system
14) JIC Racing Seat (F***IN NICE!!!! JIC baby)
15) Sparco Racing Wheel w/ Horn buttons
THIS is based on SHOW car
or you can go through my friend's PLAN
1) Koni Shocks/GC coilover
2) Kazuma Exhaust
3) Injen Intake
4) Short Throw Shifter
5) hotshot header--------------------this is where he at (pretty quick smoked so many rice hondas)
6) ACT clutch
7) Sport Compact Nitrous kit
8) Autometer
9) Computer/ECU for 2k!!!!! AHHHH!!
10) Supercharger if its available for GT
AND EVERYTHING STOCK OUTSIDE we call him Dirty F*** or STOCKER

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rated-GT: Lemme clarify :) in your opinion... drop the car -> wheels -> bodykit is the best path to take? :D

I don't see urs coOOl ;D

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Rated-GT said:
1) shocks/coilovers adj. KONI
2) Header HotShot...AMSS...Trial
3) Intake Injen...AEM...BLITZ
4) Exhaust TRD....TRM....Veilside...Greddy
5) Rims and Tires Racing Hart Z5000 Tenzo SHU4 (17")
6) Tachometer
7) AEM underdrive pulley
8) Techno-R2 Bodykit / Buddy Club 2 bodykit
9) C-one Spoiler / WW V-Line Spoiler
10) C-one hood Scoop
11) DVD Motorized
12) His/hers Sunroof or moonroof
13) Nitrous Express Import EFI single Nozzle system
14) JIC Racing Seat (F***IN NICE!!!! JIC baby)
15) Sparco Racing Wheel w/ Horn buttons
THIS is based on SHOW car
or you can go through my friend's PLAN
1) Koni Shocks/GC coilover
2) Kazuma Exhaust
3) Injen Intake
4) Short Throw Shifter
5) hotshot header--------------------this is where he at (pretty quick smoked so many rice hondas)
6) ACT clutch
7) Sport Compact Nitrous kit
8) Autometer
9) Computer/ECU for 2k!!!!! AHHHH!!
10) Supercharger if its available for GT
AND EVERYTHING STOCK OUTSIDE we call him Dirty F*** or STOCKER
This is a good list :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
CeLuKaGT said:
this was meant to be a serious thread, not one with flagrant ignorance. go back to off topic pls.
I was being serious...........a$$. At least as serious as you were. What were you hoping for in starting a thread like this? This stuff has been posted how many times????? You know that everyone on this board is going to have a different opinion. Why don't you just use the search button to see what people have already said (I guarantee every mod for the celica has been discussed) and decide in what order you would like to do them.

For example.
#1 - I will not lower the car - The car already handles like it is on rails and rides low enough. With the condition of the roads around here I already have to be careful about scraping my kit and/or exhaust.

#2 - I would get the intake before getting the Headers. You will not realize the same gains with the headers breathing through the stock airbox.

It all comes down to what you want...............and in what order YOU want to do it. It is YOUR car. Don't be a lemming.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Ja has some truths there but let's be nice to each other here, don't forget this is the newbie forum and if this helps anyone, it's fine.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I'm sure all this is here. It's also spread apart across several thousand posts, in the 7 months I've been reading these forums I've never seen a list of mods in order that people suggest. Everyone has their opinions, but that's the entire point here. For myself and others new to modding their cars to get OPINIONS on where to start and where to go from there.

Your post wasn't necessary, and was just an attempt at appearing cute and getting a few laughs. Sure it had humor, but was uncalled for.

I agree with Acilec, that's a good list. Thank you :)

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
this is the order i'm going in. so far, i've only done 1 and 2. i have the parts for 3, and will have them installed soon. 6 might come sooner as i was recently in an accident.

1) really cheap appearance mods first, i.e. s2k antenna, redded out taillights, fill-ins.

2) shortshifter

3) shocks, springs, sways

4) rims and tires

5) intake, exhaust

6) body kit

7) miscellaneous

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice thread. I enjoy Rated-GT's second half of the list as it seems most practical, and lt also lists different manufacturers next to each item, which is helpful for the n00bs. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
well.... i dont know but what i believe is that your manifold and header is the most important air path.....
I betcha if i run without stock box and opened hood will be faster than intake LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts