NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about changing my kit in the near future(got TRD kit right now) and I can't make up my mind. I've been searching for some pics of the molly kit on a black celi but I can't find any. I really like the kit but then I gotta buy a stock front bumper and rear bumper too I think. Kam kit looks real good in black I think but everyone has it. If anyones got pics of the molly kit in black could you please post it up. Any opinions would be appreciated also.

·
Registered
659 Posts
i've always thought that if i had a black celica, i would get a black CF hood. then i would get the molly kit and i would wrap the black portion of the molly rear-skirt with carbon fiber. i think that would look awesome :thumbup:

EDIT: the black part on my rear bumper, that's what i'm talking about. if i had a black celica i would wrap that entire section in carbon fiber.

·
Registered
861 Posts
molly now parts their kits out, i got pricing a few months back on just skirts for 562 plus shipping (remember, they come pre-painted in any of the stock celi colors). check out their website.

here's contact info for ordering

Rebecca Schwerter

Molly Designs, Inc.

714-841-1888

[email protected]esigns.com

·
Registered
500 Posts
The molly kit was really hard to find, but I'm not really updated on **** anymore. I know I'm finishing my kam kit out here soon after I fix all the other crap that's wrong with my car.

·
grocery getter
721 Posts
what exhaust do you have. i have the standard trd, and i know that it won't fit alot of bodykit's rear.

·
Registered
659 Posts
whitegt01 said:
what exhaust do you have. i have the standard trd, and i know that it won't fit alot of bodykit's rear.
if it helps, mine is the std. length trd exh. it's perfectly flush with the molly rear

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I think I'm gonna go with the molly, it looks quite sexy lol. I have the TRD extended exaust hopefully it won't stick out too much, but maybe I could have a muffler shop cut it down a little bit.

Originally posted by modenaplz
i've always thought that if i had a black celica, i would get a black CF hood. then i would get the molly kit and i would wrap the black portion of the molly rear-skirt with carbon fiber. i think that would look awesome :thumbup:

EDIT: the black part on my rear bumper, that's what i'm talking about. if i had a black celica i would wrap that entire section in carbon fiber.
I might steal your idea and wrap the back in CF also I will be getting a CF hood with raised hoodscoop. This might be a while though guys, I got a lot of plans for my celica, GTS swap, B&G coilovers, CF hood etc. etc. but it shouldn't cost me a whole lot since i'll be selling my TRD kit once I get the molly kit. Never seen it on a black celi so hopefully it looks good. I'll post pics when i get it. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
659 Posts
black02gt said:
Well I think I'm gonna go with the molly, it looks quite sexy lol. I have the TRD extended exaust hopefully it won't stick out too much, but maybe I could have a muffler shop cut it down a little bit.

I might steal your idea and wrap the back in CF also I will be getting a CF hood with raised hoodscoop. This might be a while though guys, I got a lot of plans for my celica, GTS swap, B&G coilovers, CF hood etc. etc. but it shouldn't cost me a whole lot since i'll be selling my TRD kit once I get the molly kit. Never seen it on a black celi so hopefully it looks good. I'll post pics when i get it. Thanks for the input.
if you get the molly kit, you HAVE to use my idea. and you HAVE to make sure i see pics :thumbup:

also, you might as well turbo your 1zz... i would do that instead of a GTS swap

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by modenaplz
if you get the molly kit, you HAVE to use my idea. and you HAVE to make sure i see pics :thumbup:

also, you might as well turbo your 1zz... i would do that instead of a GTS swap
I would love to turbo the car but its my daily driver and it would cost me a whole lot and I can't really afford to have my car in the shop all the time, plus the risk of breaking the tranny. The GTS swap will be cheaper and it'll be pretty quick with some mods plus reliability. Once I swap it out then I could sell my 1zz and tranny and get some money back.

When I get the kit on and everything i'll definantly show you pics of your idea, I gotta find someone around here that can wrap things with CF.

Originally posted by larryd
Why choose, get both :)

:drool: I love your old car, I might do that but with a molly rear, wonder if that would flow right?? Kam front molly sides and rear.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts