NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/04/01/sprj.irq.france.germany/index.html

Greek filmmakers have even called for a boycott of U.S. movies to protest against the war in Iraq
Maybe because their movies suck and nobody wants to watch them?

"If the Americans won't calm down, I'll start refusing to accept American Express and other U.S. credit cards," Jean-Yves Mabileau, of L'Auberge Francaise
Oh no!!! What will we ever do without the business of L'Auberge-whatever-the-hell???

some trade officials have warned that Europe's retaliation against U.S. brand products could actually hurt local economies more than multinational corporations.

"The Coca-Cola drunk in Germany is manufactured in Germany with German employees, and they only hurt themselves,'' Fred Irwin, head of the Frankfurt-based American Chamber of Commerce, told AP.
Own3d!!!

In a French survey, 78 percent of respondents said they were opposed to the fighting, even though most hope the U.S. will win the war.
"*MOST*" hope the US will win?

"It's an American war, it's not a European war like it was 10 years ago," Claude LeBlanc, a reporter with the French newspaper
Spoken like a true pus$y. Now I really hope they get a 9/11. I wonder if it will be a European war after that?

·
Registered
274 Posts
MarkyMark said:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/04/01/sprj.irq.france.germany/index.html

Maybe because their movies suck and nobody wants to watch them?

Oh no!!! What will we ever do without the business of L'Auberge-whatever-the-hell???

Own3d!!!

"*MOST*" hope the US will win?

Spoken like a true pus$y. Now I really hope they get a 9/11. I wonder if it will be a European war after that?
THE war on terrorism is a joke..US went into afghanistan supposedly kicked taliban out of power and left when they figured out you cant fight terrorism with cruise missles..just like they are going to find out after kicking saddam out, they'll realize they've done nth against terrorism and made the rest of the world hate them instead.. real smart.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: Re: more anti-usa capers:

gilboman said:

THE war on terrorism is a joke..US went into afghanistan supposedly kicked taliban out of power and left when they figured out you cant fight terrorism with cruise missles..just like they are going to find out after kicking saddam out, they'll realize they've done nth against terrorism and made the rest of the world hate them instead.. real smart.
We left Afghanistan? When did we do that?

Dude, my commander didn't tell me our mission over in Afghanistan was scrubbed. I was hoping for a 3 month vacation.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
While I agree thaat the war on terror[ism] is a farce I cannot agree with you that it is a "joke" as two things are happening: a) We're losing our battle to keep the Constitution and b) We're alienating the world and are aggressively pursuing a policy that will ultimately have us crossing swords with China and quite possibly Russia.

We've not left Afghanistan - despite the allusions that it would be quick and clean... We've just re-initiated a bombing campaign there this past week... Hopefully, this isn't the model for Iraq, though I'm pretty sure that we'll not "civilize the natives" there either. Our war planners [the three stooges] should be fired, tarred & feathered, then drawn & quartered.

A couple of other areas with vast oil deposits that you may wish to keep a prophetic eye on: The southern side of the Phillipines, Iran and Syria. They also have large Muslim populations. I wonder what natural resources can be had in Indonesia? Colombia and Venezuela also have large oil deposits and should be watched carefully for "the removal of WMD" oops, "liberating the people." What a crock!

I think if you were to unleash a pre-emptive strike on a person it's called "Assault and Battery". :chuckles:

If I were to have taken possession of something that wasn't my own my parent's would have called it "Theft". :chuckles:

If I were to draw my weapon and use it in self-defense and killed non-combatants or innocents I'd be charged with "Murder" which could be plea bargained to "Involuntary Manslaghter". :chuckles:

If I were to go into someone's home to confront them about how they treated their children I'd fully expect to be assaulted as it's not my place to undertake such a foolhardy mission. I don't like the way Russians and Chinese have been treated, either, but I'd like to think that the Fools in charge of the Asylum would think thrice before that fatal endeavor...

The biggest threat in my opinion isn't Iraq, but Congress. Bush is demanding dictatorial powers and has shredded the Bill of Rights and Constitution with the passive assistance of both Houses of Congress. THAT is where the biggest threat lies... for now. And goading both Iran and Syria would only make it worse as the terrorism that we'll soon get will be authentically Arabic/Aryan (i.e., Persian) as opposed to the controversial actions that have thus far been happening. In short, we get a self-fulfilling prophecy. And I have a sneaking suspicion that more soft targetting will be done at the hands of the now-enraged Fundamentalist Muslims such as posh neighborhoods, health clubs, apt complexes, shopping centers, schools, etc, etc. I think we'll live to regret blindly following our "fearless" leaders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.