Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obama refers to the internet as "internets"
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/omGZKAN0fCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

U.S. willing to leave 10,000 troops in Iraq past year's end, officials say
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-us-iraq-20110706 said:
By David S. Cloud and Ned Parker, Los Angeles Times

July 6, 2011
Reporting from Washington and Baghdad—
The White House is prepared to keep as many as 10,000 U.S. troops in Iraq after the end of the year, amid growing concern that the planned pullout of virtually all remaining American forces would lead to intensified militant attacks, according to U.S. officials.

And the trifecta, continued silence on how he plans to address the economy/jobs or punishing the criminal bankers who destroyed the economy and are now kicking Americans (the ones who were making on-time mortgage payments until the jobs went away) out of their homes while at the same time taking those same tax payers' money in the form of bailout funds.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Obama hasn't been as progressive as others (and I) would like, but it's mostly due to Republicans voting as 1 and in his first two years the Dems couldn't get a super majority. As a result, he's taking the pragmatic approach instead of the idealistic approach. He still got a stimulus bill and landmark healthcare reform done.

And that was obviously a legit misspeak, but as long as he doesn't do this I'm not worried about him being Bush.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eKgPY1adc0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And the trifecta, continued silence on how he plans to address the economy/jobs or punishing the criminal bankers who destroyed the economy and are now kicking Americans (the ones who were making on-time mortgage payments until the jobs went away) out of their homes while at the same time taking those same tax payers' money in the form of bailout funds.
He realizes there is no point in talking about how he plans to address the economy because the Republicans won't let him do anything anyway. It would be a waste of his breathe and just further polarize things. And also are you talking about the bailout funds that generated a $10 billion profit? They're expecting another $10 in profit as well.

I'm interested in how much it would cost, though, to bail out people being foreclosed on. Furthermore, I wonder how much the total value of all the remaining balances on mortgages in the entire country is. Maybe we should bailout the people in this country.

·
Oh. Snap. Ohsnapohsnap
2,517 Posts
I mean this isn't much news. Obama lied. A lot. Same with Bush. And every other man who has ever stepped into that oval office.

I guess the whole campaign of "change" was merely in reference to a change in skin color for a Perez?

I kick myself for voting for him. But I'd probably say that for any president. They are all in a greater plot to appease the reptilian overlords anyways

·
Winner
344 Posts
I was going to look up some stuff to respond to this. But then I realized I don't care. He's doing a better job than I could do.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
I'd dispute what you said, but I know you'll just insult me then punk out anyway. Mostly because you don't know anything.
Want to know why? There is no arguing with someone who would bleed/do anything possible for something/someone ect. They are so indulged with the idea or person that anything other than what you want or think is wrong.

So there is no point in expressing my view point because no matter what I said/show you, you would still believe the Democratic party can fix any problem the United States has. I'd rather do better stuff with my time.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
And also are you talking about the bailout funds that generated a $10 billion profit?
That must be a different TARP. It seems that once again the liars in Washington can't get their figures straight. I was referring to the TARP that the Congressional Budget Office says is going to cost $19 billion. http://www.housingwire.com/2011/03/30/cbo-drops-estimate-of-tarp-cost-to-19-billion Regardless of whose accounting trickery you believe, hundreds of billions in monopoly money that never reached the middle class (in the form of jobs or anything else) is a disgusting failure no matter how much some fat cats or federal azsholes claim to be raking in because of it. It rewarded the filthy fvcking rich criminals who destroyed the economy while heaping additional heartache and insult on their victims.

And "Oh-Bummer-Care" is nothing but a huge windfall for for-profit healthcare-denying insurance giants combined with a few pathetic crumbs to appease the morons. It's like a huge steaming pile of sh1t, dipped in crap, with buttfvck zest and rainbow sprinkles on top.

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts
Considering how much the GOP has been slowing any type of progress down, I fail to see how the Republicans could do any better...

It's pretty clear that the US could dig themselves out of their hole very quickly if they finally decided to cut spending on their military. But I don't see the GOP doing that, even if they got to power next term.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Considering how much the GOP has been slowing any type of progress down, I fail to see how the Republicans could do any better...

It's pretty clear that the US could dig themselves out of their hole very quickly if they finally decided to cut spending on their military. But I don't see the GOP doing that, even if they got to power next term.
Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same trick coin. Neither one has the American people's best interests as a top priority. Unfortunately, the system has been rigged to guarantee that outcome.

·
6,652 Posts
Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same trick coin. Neither one has the American people's best interests as a top priority. Unfortunately, the system has been rigged to guarantee that outcome.
That's a bit of a generalization... You can't say that both parties have the same objectives.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a bit of a generalization... You can't say that both parties have the same objectives.
No, I'm saying they have a common dis-interest in the what's best for the American people, regardless of what their different party objectives are.

·
6,652 Posts
No, I'm saying they have a common dis-interest in the what's best for the American people, regardless of what their different party objectives are.
Not to be a d!ck, but Americans have been doing this to themselves for decades now...

How about they stop electing politicians on the basis of what religion they profess to, whether or not they agree with same-sex marriage or abortion, and instead choose people who will concentrate on reducing the US' military omnipresence, separating religious influences from legitimate educational programs, and supporting government programs that will ensure that the poorest get healthcare and financial support.

·
Winner
344 Posts
Not to be a d!ck, but Americans have been doing this to themselves for decades now...

How about they stop electing politicians on the basis of what religion they profess to, whether or not they agree with same-sex marriage or abortion, and instead choose people who will concentrate on reducing the US' military omnipresence, separating religious influences from legitimate educational programs, and supporting government programs that will ensure that the poorest get healthcare and financial support.
Because...

Want to know why? There is no arguing with someone who would bleed/do anything possible for something/someone ect. They are so indulged with the idea or person that anything other than what you want or think is wrong.

So there is no point in expressing my view point because no matter what I said/show you, you would still believe the Democratic party can fix any problem the United States has. I'd rather do better stuff with my time.
I've seen a lot of people vote for whatever party they vote for. They don't even pay attention to what they say.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.