NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... today on my way home from court (see here) and a Semi spit up a huge rock and it hit my fender. Now, I was just hoping for a small dent/ding, but I pulled over and found this...

It's all the way down to the metal and is about

· Registered
2,075 Posts
If nothing else, get a little bit of primer on there to stop rust. If it were me I would get it fixed. Take it to a good bodyshop. If it doesn't bug you too bad then you can either get a touchup pen or have your dealer get you a small touchup jar of your paint color and you can brush/spray some on there. It really depends on how nice you want it to look.

· Registered
2,816 Posts
Damn chris... you've just had all the luck since you got your Z... I dunno... my boy banged up his skirt on a curb and i recommended Dupli-Color's 2-In-1 Scratch remover... worked really good... it blended in really well with the stock honda paint...

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
Be thankful it wasn't your winshield. :nono:
To be honest, I'd rather it have been my windshield... I have full glass coverage on my insurance, so it wouldn't have been no problem. I am taking it to a body shop tomorrow. I had some interior work done, and I have some left over paint, that they matched, so we'll see what they can do... Wish me luck.

· Registered
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
Be thankful it wasn't your winshield. :nono:
Yeah, no kidding!!! That happened to me this summer. A big rock bounced off the back of a lumberyard truck, bounced on the highway a couple times and smashed right into my windshield!! It spider webbed my entire drivers side and even blew some glass inside!!! The worst part is that I could see it comming and I had plenty of time to dodge it but I was on a crowded highway and had no room to move! Luckily it had bounced off the flat bed because I got the truck ID # and called the company. They replaced it for free!!!! I was SOOOOOO lucky!

· Registered
547 Posts
Most definately repaint the whole fender.

I know how you feel though. I was on my way home from work like 2 weeks ago and a piece of a semi's tire hit my front bumper and chipped the paint about the size of a nickel so now my car in the the shop getting the whole front bumper repainted. Should be getting it back tomorrow :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.