NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Thats awesome...then I'll always be able to fit into the spot between the two huge hulking gas guzzling trucks

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
how strong are the hinges...since the doors only open half way, what if someone pulled/pushed open the door really hard?? It looks a little tight getting in and out of the car. Is it the pics or what?

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have to open the doors upward to get out....you can't get in or out w/ the doors half open....The hinges are very strong, I forgot once and flung it open and it snapped back and smacked my right in the shoulder...It hurt too!!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Phatcelly,

I am taking my car in Friday to get mine done. Mark is a great dude. I was thinking about getting a totally custom paint job but don't have the funds right now to do that.. I hope my doors turn out as good as your do!!!!!! He also putting my Kam Kit on as well...

Jamey

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's great to know man!!!! He takes really good care of the cars there, you'll be really impressed. The doors stay up w/ air shock. The shock is really strong, we put it in a vice to try to compress it and couldn't do it...Very durable!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
"Thats awesome...then I'll always be able to fit into the spot between the two huge hulking gas guzzling trucks"

I'd hate to see what your doors look like now, probably all dented up... j/k... I'm the dork you see parked all the way at the end of the parking lot, parked across 2 spaces.

"The doors stay up w/ air shock. The shock is really strong, we put it in a vice to try to compress it and couldn't do it...Very durable!!"

If you couldn't do it with a vice, how you close it with your hands?

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, if you think how heavy the door is... To close the door doesn't take much effort at all, Think of it as a lever. The axis is at the far end and all the weight of the door is at the other.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I just relized something. The East Coast finally has something the West Coast doesn't!!! For now atleast.

Phatcelly,

How the hell did you find out about this place since you live in VA.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Exactly Rinox....There is One, BIG hydrolic lift in the hinge to assist in lifting it. I found the shop cause the FIRST person to ever do this mod (veilsideCeli) Lives in Williamsport and I got the hook up through him...Glad I did

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
When you pop the doors open normally, do they lock in that position when it swings up? I would afraid of the door being swung up and swigining in-board of the car and smashing the roof.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.