NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know any sites that sell the energy suspension inserts(the ones for the matrix)?:confused: i cant find them anywhere:wtc:

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
They reduce engine/tranny movement, greatly reducing wheel hop on launch, and improving shifter feel. They're definitely worth the price, though they do give a noticeable vibration at idle, and sometimes while driving. You can also fill your mounts with liquid polyurethane (Shore 80A is good for this), and the car won't vibrate as much, or at all. Silicone caulk will work too, but the improvements will be much less, though there will be no vibration at all.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
They reduce engine/tranny movement, greatly reducing wheel hop on launch, and improving shifter feel. They're definitely worth the price, though they do give a noticeable vibration at idle, and sometimes while driving. You can also fill your mounts with liquid polyurethane (Shore 80A is good for this), and the car won't vibrate as much, or at all. Silicone caulk will work too, but the improvements will be much less, though there will be no vibration at all.
hmm.. you have polyurethane mounts. would getting them be the same or better than filling others with liquid polyurethane? and who makes them?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Owners of Energy Suspension's polyurethane engine mount inserts say you can definitely feel a lot of vibration from them, so I'd say when it comes to choosing filling the stock mounts or buying the inserts, it's borderline between performance and comfort. If you want minimal vibration, fill your stock mounts. If you don't mind the vibrations and want a bit of extra performance, go for the inserts.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
ok. one last question. where the heck can i get liquid polyurethane to fill the stock mounts. and will i have a hard time figuring out where to fill? thanks blue...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts