NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is said to handle equaly as well, if not better than a 350Z or RX-8. Going 13.6 in an auto.:

BASE PRICE OF 25,000.

The car indeed carries good value.

Review:

After just a few Michigan potholes, one wonders if Ford's modest structural improvements figures are overly conservative. The body feels snare-drum tight, attenuating impacts instantly. The extra rigidity coupled with the revised suspension allowed Ford to tighten up the shock valving and roll control without ruining the ride, which is slightly busy but never uncomfortably harsh. Bend the GT into a set of esse and two more contrast between new and old come into focus: The seats actually restrain the occupants so the steering wheel rim and grab handles don't have to, and the steering responds way more quickly. The ratio is actually a fraction slower (15.7:1 vrs 15.0:1), but there's so much less slop just off center that it feels more precise and nimble. And the steering feel is free of the increasingly unwelcome electronic tailoring of the ratio or effort.

At the racetrack, the Mustang truly showed us what it's made of-and that is to say, slightly lesser stuff than similarly priced sport cars like the 350Z and RX-8. Oh , the lusty V-8 pulls stronger out of every corner, but the car carries more weight over its (all-season) front tires, so it pushes more than those cars and seems less eager to rotate without brutish steering and throttle inputs. And while MarcPherson struts can be made to work magic on a Barvarian budge, this humble horse falls short of world-class chassis poise in bumpy turns, where the front end chatters a bit and the heavy hardware out back can be felt moving around more than one would like. The GT's larger four-wheel-disc brakes boast 18 percent-more swept area and feel terrific on the road, but two hard laps at the track caused them to fade disconcertingly. All that siad, the new car felt quicker and easier to pivot smoothly around the track than its glue-factory-bound predecessor, and most of these issues fade in importance once you drive off the track.

In the salom, the new Mustang feels altogether more precise, predictable, and stable than the car it replaces. The firmer platform is better suited to allowing hte suspensions and tires to do thier jobs more effectively. Where the old car slides as a whole past each cone (unpredictably at that), the 2005 bites hard on intial turn-in, transfers weight in the blink of an eye, and manages rear roll-steer better. Just a hint of opposite-direction wheel input brings the rear end back in line with an authoritative snap ready for the next cone. The best run was over 66 mph, better than any previous Mustang except the race-ready Cobra R of 2000. In typical Mustang fashion, the new car lapses into terminal understeer in the slower-speed skidpad test, but still managed a Cobra like 0.84g orbit.

Priced around $25,000 to start,with acceleration and reasonable if not world-class handling , this new pony's blend of sytle, space, and speed seem as captivating as the original Mustang's. Chevy, the world expects a commensurate Camaro.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
World class handling? Sorry this is NEVER gonna come from a car designed and built in the US.

Im sure its great value for money tho for $25k

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Bobbeh
World class handling? Sorry this is NEVER gonna come from a car designed and built in the US.

Im sure its great value for money tho for $25k
That was a very biased statement. But the numbers that it pulled handling wise ARE rather low for a car labeled to have "world class handling".

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Its 'Biased' because its true. Other than the Viper and new Vette I'm not aware of any other US cars that are known for going around corners well.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its 'Biased' because its true. Other than the Viper and new Vette I'm not aware of any other US cars that are known for going around corners well.
The 03 Cobra is. Also, saying that a car that doesnt handle will never com eout of the USA yet mentioning two is contradictory no?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Well, ask any motoring journalist in Europe to name some and they'd struggle. US is too drag strip orientated.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, ask any motoring journalist in Europe to name some and they'd struggle. US is too drag strip orientated.
Oh, I agree. I just wanted to bust your balls:gap:

Foreign > Domestic

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
The car is said to handle equaly as well, if not better than a 350Z or RX-8

Review:
the Mustang truly showed us what it's made of-and that is to say, slightly lesser stuff than similarly priced sport cars like the 350Z and RX-8.

0.84g orbit.
It doesn't sound like they said equal or better to me?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by CeliCar
It doesn't sound like they said equal or better to me?

I was referring to the "world class handling" comment. Because the review itself is contradictory.

·
Registered
586 Posts
MT might be just a weeeeeeeeeee bit biased.....

.84G's doesn't really come to my mind as "world class handling". The Z06 on the other hand is a different story.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by KrazY-2K
MT might be just a weeeeeeeeeee bit biased.....

.84G's doesn't really come to my mind as "world class handling". The Z06 on the other hand is a different story.
Yes. BTW, I got this form "our other site".:chuckles:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Oh, I agree. I just wanted to bust your balls:gap:

Foreign > Domestic
Hehe, dont get me wrong, im far from being 'anti US cars'.. they are getting better. Its just been synonymous for years that handling and the US domestic machinery dont go together :)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hehe, dont get me wrong, im far from being 'anti US cars'.. they are getting better. Its just been synonymous for years that handling and the US domestic machinery dont go together :)

:werd: They dont even seem to try.

·
Registered
586 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
Yes. BTW, I got this form "our other site".:chuckles:
:chuckles:

And of course it was posted on "the other site" by a Mustang owner :gap:

BTW, the other site is down.... like it always is.... :(

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:chuckles:

And of course it was posted on "the other site" by a Mustang owner :gap:

BTW, the other site is down.... like it always is.... :(
Its working fine for me.

·
Registered
586 Posts
NM, looks like it is in fact working again. Hopefully long enough for me to read a thread or two.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NM, looks like it is in fact working again. Hopefully long enough for me to read a thread or two.
That site is the slowest I have ever used.

Its also the vq's equivalent of clubrsx.

Any better Z/G35 Sites out there?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
the u.s car company's are good for making straight line speed cars, i honestly don't believe their handling is quite up to par to other company's out there. Not saying they can't make a great handling car, but you put them up against their imported competition and the handling isn't quite there.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts