NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well everyone...... i just picked up my new "custom" R/H C2's yesterday and then headed right over to the tire shop to have the TOYO T1S tires mounted and balanced. Now i am ready to roll once my celica gets outta the shop !!! (less than 7 days)

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
WOW.....very nice

If you dont mind me asking how much you end up spending on the rims?

:D

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
The polished lip makes your rims look like your tires are white washed.

Speaking of rims, my Volks that I bought from nyoneway should be at my house. Can't wait to leave work in 40 mins to go check them out.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for all of the following i ended up paying.......

$720 -19" TOYO T1S tires ($360ea)
$1600 - R/H C2 evo rims
$45 per rim - metal polishing
$25 per rim - stripping (sandblasting)
$65 per rim - powdercoating

as far as the "whitewashing" of the tires.......

there is absolutely no tire shine or conditioner on the tires so they do seem to look pretty "washed" i guess you can say

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
What I meant by white washed was those old style tires with the white stripe. I can't wait to see what your car ends up looking like. How much money have you put towards everything?

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Weird..in the top 2 pix the tires DO look like they have whitewalls. Guess its the glare from the lip (optical illusion).

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
......white walls on a celica !!!!

throw in some 13x7" wires and i would die laughing my ass off over seeing that combo

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
Hey ,man! Where did you go for the powdercoating? Im looking to color my stock 16's black, dark grey for gunmetal someday. Did u get quotes from anywhere else for the powdercoating?
---Dominic

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey dom-

i went through Portland powdercoating to get the stripping and coating done (good work, ****ty people to deal with.... go somewhere else !!) i would check out "precision powdercoating" they're in the book

"timothy's metal polishing" did the polishing of the lips - great guy !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts