NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was planning on moving from my standard 16" rims to 18" (7,5 J, Offset +35). However the website i was going to order them from advised me to use 225/35 R18 tires. Upon investigating i soon found out that this tiresize is very uncommon and hella expensive!

So i was strolling around on this forum a bit and noticed a lot of people were using 225/40 R18 tires. So my question is, can this work? Do the tires rub the fenders on sharp turns and is there any noticeable difference on the spedometer? I'm also planning on dropping the car about 2 inches later on so would it still work out even with the car dropped?

The 225/40 R18 tires are a lot more common and thus cheaper making it more interesting for me. If this cannot work i fear i might have to go for 17"s due to my limited budget :(.

Cheers in advance!

~Redeem

·
Mr. Carbon Fiber
2,183 Posts
Go with 215/40/18. Unless you're on spacers and are almost dumped, you won't have any rubbing. I currently run 215/35/18 on 18x7.5 with somewhere around a 2.5"~ drop (if not more...I don't know) and I'm fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts