NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
hmm.. IF ( big if ) this war turns out to show that Hussein does have large quanties of WMD's and there were very very very low casualties, the approval rating for both Blair and Bush would sky-rocket. And these people who are resigning would have a very difficult time indeed to obtain a government position every again lol..

·
Registered
266 Posts
Will be interesting to see what happens. If we go in and dont find any evidence at all of chem / bio weapons though, I would be extremely surprised. Will Saddam use them is another story... who knows what he is planning. However I doubt there are many military dictators who can go more than a decade WITHOUT producing things to kill lots of people.

What I will be interested to see if we DO find chem / bio stuff, is what the reaction will be from France etc. They already said today "If Iraq uses bio / chem weapons then that will change the position of the French government immediately". Which amounts to "If it turns out that you're right, we've got your back, but if you're wrong, our original position stands. Have a nice day!" They are setting themselves up so nicely to be the good guy in any situation while taking no risk whatsoever. We'll see in the coming weeks / months I suppose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts