·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
:thumbup: You guys must be proud!

Any reason for the power difference compared to the other two runs? Since the car is rated at 592, 545 whp is more or less what you'd expect it to dyno if it's underrated.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbup: You guys must be proud!

Any reason for the power difference compared to the other two runs? Since the car is rated at 592, 545 whp is more or less what you'd expect it to dyno if it's underrated.
I would imagine since it's turbo charged, the ecu pulled timing on runs 2 & 3 due to heat soak. Not much airflow across the engine while stationary.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
It must be making considerably more than 600 hp at the crank then, I can't imagine only 8% drivetrain loss in an awd car.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It must be making considerably more than 600 hp at the crank then, I can't imagine only 8% drivetrain loss in an awd car.
It is rwd, We dynoed it with linx in 4wd mode engaged so the traction control wouldn't kick in and kill the fun.

A quick youtube search shows Edmunds as with another MP4-12c dyno, but they dyno'd theirs in 2wd mode, somehow found a way around traction control. Their's was in CA on 91 octane (I assume) so they only dyno'd 512. We have 93 out here in texas which makes a significant difference on a turbo car at that power level.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Oh ok. Man I'm slacking, I was under the impression this thing was awd.

·
Super Moderator
47,964 Posts
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U7VhakggIY4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I'm humbled my car was in that exact same spot roughly 17 months ago! Amazing - you guys must be really jazzed!

·
Super Moderator
47,964 Posts
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/42_utvzwjqQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts