NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up guys. Well a couple weeks ago I had my intercooler kit put on. This week I ran two of my buddys cars.

First I ran my friends 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, but this is no ordinary RS. This car has a 2003 JDM STI motor swapped in. He did all the work with another one of his Scooby friends. The car also has full Fujitsubo exhaust system, 3inch downpipe, utec ems/ full tune, and boost controller set at 19psi. The car is low 12s. He had two other people in his car and I had my girl friend recording with me. But I had a full tank of gas and he had about 1/4 left. I also had a bunch of things in the trunk. So it was about even. We ran off a 2nd gear roll. It was a close race. I am only on 13psi untuned. I do mid to high 12sec passes, but since we did it off a roll, I had the advantage. We ran 3 times up to about 130mph. At the end I had about 1 car on him.

Tonight I ran my friends brand new 2002 SS Camaro SLP equipped model. Hes owned domestics all his life, but he had mustangs before. I used to run his old 5.0 fox body in my Celica. He has been looking for this car for a while now and finally found one in perfect condition with only 10,000 miles on it. Im not a domestic guy but this car is very well put together. I never heard of the SLP edition, it has nice rims, better brakes and some other little goodies form the factory like tuned suspension. The only mods on it are a full exhaust system, short shifter and an intake system. I had my girl friend recording and he was alone with no passengers. We ran off 20mph rolls. About 3 runs. I missed a gear on the last run but kept going. We ran up to 130mph. At the end I had about 1 1/2 cars on him. I did better then I thought!

Well thanks for reading guys. I do have all the runs on tape. My camera cant upload videos to my computer so its hard for me to get the vids up for you guys to watch. But if theres a good amount of people that want to see the vids, I can try to get my friend to transfer them on to a cd so I can put them on my computer and get it hosted for you guys to watch. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yes bring on the Vids.....nice kills by the way....... are you waiting for other parts before you tune or you just havnt got around to it. What are you going to be using as a tuning device?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rickclarke23 said:
Yes bring on the Vids.....nice kills by the way....... are you waiting for other parts before you tune or you just havnt got around to it. What are you going to be using as a tuning device?
I have the standalone but it is not installed. I still need all my fuel components like fuel pressure regulator, larger injectors, top feed fuel rail, fuel lines, and fuel pump. After that I can get the car tuned. Just trying to gather up all the funds.

My standalone is Hydra Nemesis II. And im glade you brung that up because they are working on a standalone for the 2000+ Celicas and MRS! This EMS is damn good! Does everything you need and more! Heres a link to one of there sites.

Hydra Nemesis

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
wow man that Ecu looks like it can do just about everything. People with 03's should really look into this. A bit pricey but you got to pay to play. How much are you looking to push when you get tuned. High 300's?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Rickclarke23
wow man that Ecu looks like it can do just about everything. People with 03's should really look into this. A bit pricey but you got to pay to play. How much are you looking to push when you get tuned. High 300's?
Well, the draw back to the 3SGTE is the intake manifold and the stock cams. If you upgrade those two compnents, you should make about 60whp gain.

But I am on the stock motor and will not be able to do that for a while. Im looking to make about 330whp at 17psi. I did a 12.8 with 250-260whp so we will see what i can do after i get it tuned.

Originally posted by Vroom_Vroom
vids vids vids!! and do u have any more of the type r vs celica vids that u posted a while ago? i have a few but not all i believe.
I dropped off the tape at my friends house and he should have them done tomorrow I hope.

I only have 3 type r vids. which ones do you have?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i have the one where it was filmed from the passenger seat of the type r and the other one with a camera car on the right side of the type r and you on the left side. I dont believe i have the third one. thanks!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Vroom_Vroom
i have the one where it was filmed from the passenger seat of the type r and the other one with a camera car on the right side of the type r and you on the left side. I dont believe i have the third one. thanks!
damn the 3rd one is kind of long lol, and i have 56k. its the one with background music and im racing a gti wrx and type r. i will try to get it for u, but youll like the 3 vids im working on right now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.