NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking for a new muffler for my Celica. I'm not sure what to get, could I get some suggestions? I don't want anything too loud, I just want it to sound good also I have a pretty tight budget. I've been looking at the n1 universal muffler on Amazon. You guys know anything about that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You do know that with the universal one you would still have to get it welded up? Can't cheap out if you want something that sounds nice. Magnaflow, invidia, hks, greddy, they all sound good.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
N1 will be very loud. i suggest getting a magnaflow or Borla muffler and have a shop weld in the pipes to fit it. that will be cheaper than 500 for an exhaust system

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
if you're going to go N1 type , make sure you put a resonator before it. but if your want something that isn't loud at all, then magnaflow \ trd style would be the way to go.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
The TRD axle back is pretty much the best you can get without being too loud but they are hard to come by. It was originally made by Borla so I would look into getting a muffler from them that's similar and have shop do the piping.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the magnaflow unit on my celli...it's a fantastic unit...no welds needed as the muffler is an axle back design...it bolts to mmidpipe from the factory....my exhaust completely eliminated the brief drop in power when you hit lift...mine goes straight into insane mode when the lift hits with no hesitation.it now also hits at 6000 rpm instead of 6300 or 6400 and on top of all that...the lift hits peak horsepower 500 rpm sooner...it's awesome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts