NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im lookin for a muffler shop around the norther VA area....i have a leak in my exhaust where my the manifold goes into the midpipe. My GTS manifold wouldnt fit into the GT midpipe. I want to make my flange bigger so it will fit into the manifold. Tryin to save money from customizin a 300 hi-flo cat exhaust. I talk to the guy at Meineke and he said its abt $70 for him to make the flange bigger. I think its a rip off cuz one of the guy here (RickClarke) did the swap and had the same problem too, and had the the shop make him a bigger flange so it will fit but he said he only paid $20 for it.....so anyone know any place that can help me cuz i hate the leak sound and im losin power from it too... thanx

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but all he really gotta do is get a bigger flange.....he told me all hes chargin is labor for abt an hour and thats it...i guess its good but i guess Rickclarke got a better deal....

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but speaking of exhaust shops, is there any decent/reputable place in the Baltimore/DC area that can do a custom mandrel bent exhaust?

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
ItLooksFast said:
but all he really gotta do is get a bigger flange.....he told me all hes chargin is labor for abt an hour and thats it...i guess its good but i guess Rickclarke got a better deal....
an hour PLUS the part is WAAAAYYYYY more than $20. Most repair shops charge $60/hour, so add that to the $10 part, and $70 seems just fine.

cheapskate. :chuckles:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nooo im not...i just like spending money thats all:chuckles: ..nah since i never really go to a muffler shop and do a customize job b4 so i dunno how much it cost and Rickclarke told me its 20 bux so i thought Mieneke is rippin me off...

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by ItLooksFast
nooo im not...i just like spending money thats all:chuckles: ..nah since i never really go to a muffler shop and do a customize job b4 so i dunno how much it cost and Rickclarke told me its 20 bux so i thought Mieneke is rippin me off...
20 Bux usualy means in the area of 0-100 dollars. :chuckles:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn guys....u guys realize we had four of those:chuckles: goin on....5:chuckles: ...6.......keep it up guys..ur doin good.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i went back to the shop again...and now they are chargin me $110 for it for 1.5 hrs of work....so i went today to get it fix they told they are too busy so bring it back on Monday. hmmmm anyone else know any muffler shop around?

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
You should also note that richclarke lives in Texas I think. Things are ALOT cheaper in Texas. You can live like a king there on my salary, but here you can barely get a ****ty apartment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts