NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 GT-S just got a CEL last night and never noticed any problems with the car that day, brought it in and paid $98 for them to tell me it was a multi cylinder missfire P0301, P0302, P0304. Any ideas on what would cause this, only thing he mentioned was the "don't over-rev speach". I searched around before posting but looked like the TSB for the 2000 GT-S had to do with single missfires. So... I can take it to autozone next time and get the CEL codes for free...damn. Can I also just pull the battery cable to clear the CEL codes?

Thanks,
Parker

·
Registered
207 Posts
i had the same problem. 2 of my cylinders were misfiring and the pre-cat o2 sensor was malfunctioning and late. it turned out to be that i had tightened the throttle cable so much that the pulling arm holding the cable came completely off of the idle setting. BAD! But no damage

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kinda wierd though, only have 1,200 miles on my engine since it was rebuilt, they definitely replaced the injectors and ECU then, I remember they had the same problem after the rebuild. I only had the CEL once though, maybe it was just a freak thing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Take a copy of the TSB from this site and bring it to the dealer, if your under warranty they should cover it, if not take it to another dealer. Maybe you can get a refund on that diagnostic, because it was dealing with a warranty issue. i also had my fuel injectors and ecu replaced under warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.