NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lurker
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... A little back-story is in order first (and this is why you shouldn't buy a cold air intake)... Mutha Russia was driving one evening in the dark and ran through a large puddle... by the looks of it -- very large -- and sucked water up into his intake. He started hearing bad noises and getting bad vibes from his motor.

Fast forward to when it gets to my house... He gives me a heads up on the situation and I'm immediately thinking "bent rod" (water doesn't compress and the weak link between the crank and the piston is the rod). As soon as it got to my house and I started tearing it down I saw a hole in the front of the block (right above where the A/C compressor mounts) and one in the back (right above the axle mount on the passenger side)... well I finally got to tear the motor down and see what happened and took some picks to share with you...

^ The baffle took a beating - look on the left hand side...

^ Uh oh....

^ One of these things is not like the other...

Close-up --> You can see where the valves were hitting the piston after the rod broke...

^ The money shot! One half rod on the crank, one half rod on the piston and a piece that I found somewhere else in the motor...

^ One of the two holes in the block...

^ F*cking carnage done to the crankcase

^ A disassembled 2zz and my workspace

-Alex

·
Lurker
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:puff:

Wish it was a 2-car garage! When you gonna panda the corolla in plastidip for me?

-Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts