NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the pfc today with the mwr intake/exhaust basmap. I accidentally took it up to about 8500 rpms and it didnt hit the limiter yet. What do they set the Fuel cutoff at? I thought it was 8300 unless u specified it at something higher like 8500 or 8700. Im kinda scared to "test" it, im not used to seeing the needle fly that high lol.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
you needle might be off a little bit...you shouldnt be bouncing off the limiter anyways..so run it up to 8500 and enjoy

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it bad to counce off the limiter? Alotta times when i autocross, im constantly hitting the limiter and staying on it... I guess i have to be alil more careful now then. Do they set it at 8500 or 8700? Is it safe to be that high for extended periods?

Also, just wanna say that the pfc is badass, the low end and transition to lift was inproved alot! I cant wait for the datalogit to get off backorder so i can fine tune it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
well it's good that it's there but try not to hit it. it's a fuel cut so your car might run a little lean, which is bad especially at such high rpms and load. I'm surprised you haven't blown your engine by now hitting the rev limiter and staying on it. The rev limiter on the stock ecu except on the '02 is 8350, and on the currently shipped PFC's 8600, well above the factory marked redline. You don't want to stay in the redline zone for any extended period of time.

yeah I noticed the much increased low end torque after the PFC, so you should enjoy shifting to 2nd in autocross instead of trying to make up for torque by staying in dangerously high rpms in 1st.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see. Another thing i have noticed is that my CEL blinks when I shift from 2nd to 3rd. I ran a search and i found conflicting views on if its normal or not. Some say it can be tuned out, others say its the knock sensor misinterpreting knock from a hard shift. Any thoughts?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Originally posted by tofu
I see. Another thing i have noticed is that my CEL blinks when I shift from 2nd to 3rd. I ran a search and i found conflicting views on if its normal or not. Some say it can be tuned out, others say its the knock sensor misinterpreting knock from a hard shift. Any thoughts?
Thanks
It's from hard shifting. Do you have a datalogit? Just map an entire run for knock while shifting hard and then another run shifting smoother. I did this and got a knock count of ~40 at each hard shift. Softer shifting dropped it down to a max of 12.

I've also noticed that the PFC actually overshoots it's set limiter in the datalogit. This could be why you're seeing such high rpms. It overshoots the set max by about ~100rpm. So take that into account...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts