NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey any one here using the MWR oil cooler I havent seen anyone with it yet.

I emailed them but I felt bad going back and forth with emails lol... Thanks for the help though matt.....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Looks like a 13 row cooler, would be well sized for the street. Depends on the climate where you drive. I use a 19 row cooler that is blocked off while on the street as it over cools in an area thats around 35*C (about 95*F). But on the track it does well.

I have also used the factory oil cooler and it did nothing for me. Don't know how different it is to the TRD version, but looks identical.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Looks like a 13 row cooler, would be well sized for the street. Depends on the climate where you drive. I use a 19 row cooler that is blocked off while on the street as it over cools in an area thats around 35*C (about 95*F). But on the track it does well.

I have also used the factory oil cooler and it did nothing for me. Don't know how different it is to the TRD version, but looks identical.
We have a thermo valve in the adapter plate so our kit doesn't overcool the oil on the street.

We use the same cooler for both cars. If anyone has a really serious track car you could go a little bigger using all of the same lines and everything, you'd just have to get a little more creative with mounting and ducting. We have at least a couple of customers who run track days in Texas, Arizona, California who have mentioned that their oil temps are fine with the standard cooler in the kit.

·
Registered
290 Posts
We have a thermo valve in the adapter plate so our kit doesn't overcool the oil on the street.
I have an Earl's inline thermostat and have checked that it is working. I am happy with mine, but unless people are driving only at the track (somewhere hot) then 13 row will do the job just fine.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah im not worried about over cooling cause it does have that thermostat built in im just curious to see how it looks/setup I know you have to remove the fog but curios to see if my TRD bumper or CAI will be effected...

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
So can MWR sandwichr be the standard Mocal, or the thermostatic Mocal plate. The thermostatic plate contains a thermostat that blocks oil flow from the cooler until the oil temperature reaches an ideal operating temp of 180 degrees. This allows the engine to warm up faster and prevents the cooler from excessively cooling the oil in colder weather.

so is thermostatic plate available w/MWR or no.

here is an alternative to MWR but looks the same to me
http://spyderchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42753&hl=

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.