NewCelica.org Forum banner

241 - 260 of 278 Posts

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Lookin clean as usual, still the most impressive nearly 100% Toyota oem parts Celica I have seen. :cheers:

BTW, why do your fogs constantly flicker in your vid? It doesn't look like the usual odd bulb flicker, it appears intentionally done. :confused:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
The fogs are led and when capturing these on video they appear to be flickering because of the refresh rate of the video. Leds always flicker but not visible to the naked eye.

Thanks btw :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Fitted the bling bling intake manifold today. Was a bit more work than expected (some bolts are almost impossible to reach), but succeeded in the end. Loving the result :)

Also polished and waxed the car for JapFest 2016, here are some pics from that event:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great job there. How do the proximity sensors work? I've never seen them on a Celica here in Spain. Is there any light on the gauge cluster or something?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Very nice stance! :thumbup: I saw your car in the parking lot during Japfest ;-)
Thanks, allthough I do not really call this stance, it's more a functional low :) Did you also visit the event with your Celicas?

Great job there. How do the proximity sensors work? I've never seen them on a Celica here in Spain. Is there any light on the gauge cluster or something?
It's just by sound, it goes from beeep ---------- beeeep to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep when you are really close

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
NEVER! These headlights will never be removed from the car :p

Visited a dyno this weekend, some rolling shots on the way there:

Dyno time:

190,8 bhp (1,2 less than it should be, Torque 6 Nm more than should be). Conditions were not ideal (humidity etc), might give it another go on a nice cold and dry day. Still pleased with the outcome, car is 12 years old, still all power seems to be there :)

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
That's what I get for just looking at the HP. Mr. Funny is right, that torque curve is flat out unbelieveable. You understand that dyno is stating that your Celica is making 170tq from 3k to redline basically. Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #252 (Edited)
^Units are metric though ;)

Sometimes you come across stuff and you just can't say no: TRD skirts in the right color, flow much better with the TRD rear, but doesn't flow that well fit the Dynamic front. So TRD or Dynamic ? Decisions.. Decisions ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love your car! Is the facelifted version equipped with drive by wire throttle control? A question about the taillights, sometimes i read it's Tsunami taillights and sometimes JDM taillights? What is the correct info regarding those taillights?

Skickat från min D5803 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Thanks.

About drive by wire : that was only available in US and maybe Japan?Europe never got drive by wire. So also the facelift have a throttle cable.

About the tail lights, JDM and Tsunami look similar but the Tsunami has red reflectors, the JDM has clear ones. These are Tsunamis

241 - 260 of 278 Posts