NewCelica.org Forum banner

261 - 278 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for reply, can I ask two more questions? If its okay with you? Is there any main difference engine or chassie wise between non-facelift and facelift? Any advantage over boosting 2zz over 1zz? Sorry for cluttering your thread, I will remove it of you like me to.

Regards

Skickat från min D5803 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
In Europe there was no big difference in engines, just minor stuff as lift bolt and a slightly changed intake manifold (just changed to make installation easier), also all Europe cars got secondary air injection so no difference there either. The 03+ has traction control and VSC, ,the pre-facelift does not have that. Can't comment on boosting as I'm not boosted.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
@irinel1996: indeed no difference in chassis, only the JDM TRD Sports M had a stiffer chassis

@GSBoek: Thanks, but facelift>preface ;) . I'm going to try a Rhino lip to give the front a bit more beef

@narly: Yeah silver is just silver, luckily 1D2 Thunder Grey is a bit more special. But still a bit dull, nothing beats Carbon Blue :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Sooooooooooo one thing let to another, short story: Sold the Celica, last picture of it driving away with the new owner:

And got a ScionToyotaSubaru ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
I'll continue here ;)

Waiting for a new exhaust manifold to arrive :)

Also installed some new stuff (gift from my dad, it's awesome sharing the same hobby) and attended my first meet with the 86. I was the only 86 present

Cusco carbon strutbrace, really nice fit and finish with integrated brake stopper :)

Some more TRD stuff

And some hood dampers, works great and tbh the car should have come with these stock.

Meeting time:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
So it has been a while .. over a year since last update. Still enjoying the 86 though :) and still visit NC.org once in a while. Nice to see the forum still up and running, albeit a bit quiet..

2017 has been a nice year for mods, the final result:

Pretty much full TRD, engine mods (header + tune) and some Brembos from an STI. Still have some small stuff for 2018, but don't think the car will change much in the next years to come.

Good to see some of the members still around here that keep enjoying their Celica. #keepitinlift

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Thank you!

@00CericaRuss: And it's easy to show off the TRD oil filter ! Easy access for some parts, but wait till you have to renew the spark plugs, according to the Toyota manual it requires lifting if the whole engine! It can be done without lifting, but it's really a b*tch. Boxer love :smug:

261 - 278 of 278 Posts