NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going to my friends house last night in Ajax which is about 20kms east of Oshawa, and it was snowing and the roads were covered. I thought that the 401 might be in better shape, than the in town roads. Nope. So I was going about 70-80km/h or so on it, and before I even got to the first interchange, I lost it. I was in the middle lane because it looked the cleanest, my tires were in the tire rut in the snow, but they caught the snow outside of the rut and that was it. I lost control of the car and spun around a couple of times, and eventually hit the cement meridian wall with the right rear corner of the car. The read Kam bumper is facked and teh body around the wheel well is dented as well.

Cliff notes:

- 401 last night, lost control in the snow
- spun around a couple of times, hit the wall
- Kam bumper is facked and the body around the wheel well is dented

check out pics here:

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=959425#post959425

so that makes it:

1. break in (Sept 02)
2. rear ended (Nov 02)
3. Spin out (March 03)

this is an unlucky car

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
i am so sorry to read about that mikey! :wtc: maybe you should have been driving slower (yes, i know the metric system ;)) are you ok at least?

careful driving and godspeed recovery!

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jusone36 said:
i am so sorry to read about that mikey! :wtc: maybe you should have been driving slower (yes, i know the metric system ;)) are you ok at least?

careful driving and godspeed recovery!
I was doing 30 km/h UNDER the posted speed limit

I shouldn't have gone out at all that night to begin with I suppose.

I am fine, no injuries at all

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Holy cow man... I'm sorry to hear that u had such bad luck as well.. hope u get back on the road soon...

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oldster said:

It was obviously fast enough for you to lose control.......:rolleyes:
Oldster, please don't talk to me anymore if you are going to be rude

Peter, thanks for your sympathy

I feel your pain too

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Ouch!!! I love the Kaminari Kit! I know it hurts but At least your okay, that what really matters in incidients like this.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
I agree unlucky car

#1 Rear Ended
#2 Hit and Run in Parking Lot
#3 Hit and Run in Parking Lot (again)
#4 SUV opened his door into me on a busy street
#5 Blown Fuse Relay

·
Registered
439 Posts
2K1 Carbon BLue: sorry about yor misfortune. I can sympathize with you. I had some shyt happen to me too, but I'm not giving up on my girl Celeste (00 CB Celica GT-S). She was keyed twice and I ended up getting into an accident last November. That's why she now has a new body kit (Kaminari), cf hood (fiber images) and a TRD JDM fuel lid. Not to mention, shes about to get some new feet and shoes (Momo X1 and Nitto NT450). All I'm saying is don't give up on you car. At least you're OK. It's easy to replace a part of the car, but it's not easy to replace a part on you. Peace.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I feel your pain man. I wrecked a show winning 94 GMC Sonoma on November 18, 2002 (4 days before my birthday.) I was going through an S-curve my rear end came around on me (black ice), I got it back under control, as soon as I got it back under control my front wheels hit another spot of black ice and here came a rock cliff at me. But on the bright side, I got a 2000 GT-S out of it and we are currently rebuilding the truck. We have the frame airbagged now, and this weekend are going to begin rebuilding the truck. I hate winter!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts