NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah i'm gunna go with Dunlop SP9000's for 95 bucks :) S03's are too expensive for me :) Not to mention, I promised myself I wouldnt buy bridgestone again after these damn RE730's im riding on now. S03's are also reaaaaly heavy tires

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dunno about the weight, but I don't car either. These things stick so well and are so quiet, they more than make up for a slight gain in weight.

I think I paid $600 for the set of 4. Just go to your local Firestone/Bridgestone dealer so you don't pay shipping. :dunno:

·
Registered
500 Posts
My 225-35-18 S03's weight 21lbs each. I havent had the time to weight my stock tires...but I am guessing around 18lbs or so. Overall, I wont be loosing any sleep over the 3lbs/tire extra. :)

And yes they grip grip grip and want to grip some more...! :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
My 225-35-18 S03's weight 21lbs each.
hmmm.... Here's some data:
Dunlop SP9000 225/45ZR17= 22.7 lbs
Bridgestone Potenza S-03 225/45ZR17= 24 lbs
Toyo Proxes T1-S 225/45ZR17= 20.9

Anyway, don't wanna argue with ya. I'm just not a fan of bridgestone anymore.. they're great until they start whirring and making a racket. Yes, I am well aware that all 'ultra-performance' tires are going to make more noise than the average tire.

But if you are happy with them, then thats good :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am leaning more towards Sumitomo HTR+ Ultra Performance + All-Seasons $98 each, the Brigdestones SO3 are a summer tire and close to 175 each.
I am not worried about weight for my tires, I just want the best tire I can get that gives me the best performance and treadwear for the lowest price. The HTR+ look to be that tire

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Take it from me, I have both the S-03 and the T1-S. The T1-S is a better tired to live with, both more comfortable, less noisy and better treadwear. The S-03 is great and stick like glue, the only advantage it has over the T1-S is that its alot stiffer, better steering feel. But the T1-S is also 4-5lbs lighter than the S-03.

My next set of tires I want to try the Eagle F1 DS3.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.