NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well taught id throw up a thread of my current project a 1997 toyota trueno and im in the process of putting a 2zzge into it ;)

heres a few pics there not great ill get more later

This is the plans most of it is got nearly

Haltech e6x
C60 gearbox
Quaiffe LSD
Celica ZZ231 loom
Celica ZZ231 Jap ecu
HKS speed defender
Fidanza flywheel
ARP flywheel bolts
Competition organic clutch
TRD 280km/h clocks
K&n typhoon induction kit
MWR header custom downpipe
Mishimoto aluminium radiator (ZZT231) modified to fit
TRD thermostat
Toyota forlife coolant
Silicone rad hoses
Walbro fuel pump
Blitz oil cap
Rock oil 5w30
NGK iridium plugs
Lightweight pulleys
New lift bolts
New gaskets
App brake lines and clutch line

then the full spec on the car

Fully undersealed
TRD front bumper
TRD side skirts
TRD spoiler
Carbon fibre wind deflectors
BC br series superstrut coilovers
TRD front anti-roll bar (polybushed)
Whiteline rear anti-roll bar (polybushed)
Toms front strut brace
Cusco lower bar version 2
Cusco roll cage
Takata 4 point harness
Carbing rear strut brace
Hks silent high power exhaust
5zigen decat
EBC yellow stuff pads all round
Mtec drilled and grooved disks all round
HKS grounding kit
Apexi n/a timer
Rays TE-37 alloys
Rays wheel nuts
SR3 recaros
Factory rails
Momo tuner steering wheel
TRD gearknob
TRD 280km/h clocks

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Yeah. After all the work he is doing, it is going to be the same amount of money also. Hell, even if you don't do anything but a GTE swap you will be well ahead of a modded 2jz :shrugs:

Unless he is going for a high revving engine, as the 2jz cannot do that without MAJOR modification.

·
Super Moderator
44,534 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,280 Posts
People (AJ/Charley), please educate yourself about the AE111 Trueno. It's a fwd car about the size of the Celica.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,280 Posts
His mods list does not suggest he's looking for power or a rwd conversion. This 2ZZ makes sense because it takes what the Trueno does best and makes it better by using another high-revving engine that's a bit more powerful than the 4A-GE from the box. :shrugs:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
His mods list does not suggest he's looking for power or a rwd conversion. This 2ZZ makes sense because it takes what the Trueno does best and makes it better by using another high-revving engine that's a bit more powerful than the 4A-GE from the box. :shrugs:
right on the money there my friend

i had to lol at some comments the ae111 is based on the corolla chassis with the same superstrut suspension the celica has, its fwd and the stock engine produces 150bhp where the 2zz lump has 190 (abit more when im finished)

i picked it because its lightweight characteristics to improve handling and still have a high revving engine as im not a fan of boost plus it sits in nicely

this car is built to go around corners :bowdown:

·
Registered
823 Posts
... how's about going stage 2 cams and Rotrexing the 2zzge when done? :)

I'm a fan, spotted a lush black slammed ae111 at Japfest last year and fell in love. Progress pics as you go please, oh and well done on sorting that sheered lift bolt. Not a fun job!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
... how's about going stage 2 cams and Rotrexing the 2zzge when done? :)

I'm a fan, spotted a lush black slammed ae111 at Japfest last year and fell in love. Progress pics as you go please, oh and well done on sorting that sheered lift bolt. Not a fun job!
Cheers on the advice im planning cams at a later date, wouldnt say i go supercharged as i love N/A engines :)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Why does everyone think the 2zz is a bad motor? Just get new pistons with sleeves and boost it
Doesn't respond well to bolt ons and you can not attain high power on just sleeves alone.

It isn't a bad motor. It just has its power limits.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts