NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some pics pulled from my flickr. I would have more but I didn't bother bringing my camera to my apartment.

Shot with nikon D40, either with the kit lens or sigma 70-300mm.

Wish I would've had my sigma so I could've gotten more detail on the eyes.

It's safe to say that scary looking bugs on my porch interest me.

Girlfriend actually took this during my soccer game. no it's not me, wish it was. haha, made a sweet pic.

probably my second favorite flower picture.

Sign near my house. I remember before the tree took over the sign haha.

I love my kitty haha.

I photoshopped this a little, is that cheating?

I wish these were a brighter orange. but other than that it is my favorite flower macro.

That's pretty much it. All of these are pretty old since I haven't played with my camera in forever.

two recent ones i just remembered i have on my computer.

Best friends!

KITTY HAET WEENIES

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The bugs are COOOOOL!!!!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like your plant pictures the most.
Thanks, I've got a ton more on my flickr (click the image in my sig), and even more on the camera. If I go home this weekend I'll upload some more.

The bugs are COOOOOL!!!!
Yeah I thought so too. Too bad that damn straw is in the first pic kinda ruins it. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
Some nice flower shots. I agree, that ladybug shot came out clean.
As for the use of photoshop as cheating, a few others use programs for their post processing. ;)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. Yeah that yellow flower turned out great, wish I would've gotten the whole thing in the picture, don't know why i didn't re-shoot that.
and here's the pre-post processing pic of the ladybug just for comparison.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man those are some nice shots... you got any of them in high-res for me? :gap:
If you're serious I can get you some next week when I go home for the weekend and get my camera and everything.

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
I am really digging that post-proc. shot of the ladybug, do you have a high resolution version? I'd like to use it as a desktop wallpaper.

:wiggle:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am really digging that post-proc. shot of the ladybug, do you have a high resolution version? I'd like to use it as a desktop wallpaper.

:wiggle:
I just remembered I backed my photos up on my external HD that I have with me, I don't know if I have a high-res of the photoshop'd ladybug, and if I did it wouldn't be to the right res. haha.. but I'll check.

pretty good macro shots with the kit lens :thumbup:
Thanks

Those macros must have been taken with the Sigma zoom lens.
Actually shortly after I got that lens I quit playing around with the camera, so about all of them were with the kit. I even have macro filter's for the kit that I've never used haha.

Wow, all these great photos inspires me to take snapshots of my own. The only thing is that I have not the slightest clue on how to take such amazing shots. :AF:
All it takes is a good camera. I seriously lack anything resembling creativity... I just went out to my mom's garden and snapped some shots haha.

EDIT: okay what res do you want zero? right now it's at 2184 x 1452 so i should be able to easily resize/crop it to what you need.

and wtcnbrwndo what pics were you want specifically?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.