NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A CO-WORKER TOLD ME THAT I MIGHT BLOW OUT MY BACK END WHILE LEARING TO DRIVE STICK, IV NEVER HEARD OF A BACK END SO IM NOT SURE WHAT THAT IS. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE AN IDEA, AND IF SO HOW IS A BACK END BLOWN OUT? THAT WAY I WONT DO IT?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Uhm, not sure what he's talking about. Maybe someone else knows here. I learned to drive stick in Europe so I'm not familiar with the term.

Also, please turn off your CAPS as some may see this as shouting.

·
Registered
997 Posts
He is refering to the differential in a RWD car. All you need to worry about at this point is excessive wheelhop from being overzealous with your application of the accelerator ;)

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
XxRandomxX said:
A CO-WORKER TOLD ME THAT I MIGHT BLOW OUT MY BACK END WHILE LEARING TO DRIVE STICK, IV NEVER HEARD OF A BACK END SO IM NOT SURE WHAT THAT IS. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE AN IDEA, AND IF SO HOW IS A BACK END BLOWN OUT? THAT WAY I WONT DO IT?
he's talking about crapping your pants when you stall out in traffic. :chuckles:

actually, i don't know what he means. and please stop typing in ALL CAPS.

·
Registered
718 Posts
He was referring to learning stick in a RWD car, could be potentially hazardous, thats if you're learning to drive stick in a RWD car you might get ancy, give it too much gas or not modulate the clutch correctly and you'll lose the rear end around a corner or something. Happened to my friend in his 91 MR2 teaching his lady how to drive stick, she went around a corner, gave it too much gas and let the clutch out suddenly, loss the rear end, took out an apartment complex mailbox and a small tree.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Yet again, your friend is refering to you "blowing" out your differential, which in a live-axle RWD car may be possible.

You have a FWD car, so as I stated above you only need to worry about wheelhop which is induced by too much power being applied at a low load.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.