NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Swift Show 2003 (4-13-03)

I'll list the stuff you might see or can barly tell under each pic....

Custom front lip, modified front bumper with mesh, custom liscence plate with team logo, roll call (TRD, Injen, Tein, Brembo) Alessio Turbo 17x7.5" rims, red calipers and Brembo rotors

Toms rear and side skirts, TRD spoiler, dynomax exhaust, red out tails, and club decals on the rear 1/4 window, and cleared out all of the emblems off the trunk.

stock.

Injen intake, shaved off all 4 screw holes on the valve cover and also the "vvti 16 valve" letters and painted it all a gunmetal type grey......then topped it off with a vvti badge from asia, polished the intake manifold

suspansion: Tein Springs, KYB struts, OBX strut bar, Brembo rotors

·
Registered
374 Posts
Honestly... I hate Corollas, but after seeing what can be done with one, I might have to change my point of view... You've done a damn good job cleaning yours up, looks friggin nice... Love the front, back, rims... Can it keep up though? I noticed it's an auto...

Good job though man...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx voodo. I saw your car too but I didnt see you around it. maybe at the next show : )

nooch...
Corollas arent that great...but if you take into consideration that it has the same 1zzfe as the celica gt and mr2 spyder Im sure it can be done. YES it will take more work and yes there are differences in intake manifold and throtle body, exhaust system, and ecu.

for daily driving its fine.....no problem. and it also helps that I dont street race.....but to answer your question...it wont keep up with you. I know a 5 speed can whip like a civic ex. so its deffinatle a competitor against other economy 4 door 4 cylinders and you know that ex isnt anything special so im not bragging lol
Its not fast....its average I guess I would say.

I wasnt to into a corolla at 1st...but its damn fun when I have a guy in raised f350 ford or whatever that disel model is checking out the car and almost running over the car in front of him...and when I see other guys with hooked up cars park next to me at a store and are checking it out as I walk out of the store and give me props. Many thumbs up on the freeway as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to say....its a ****ing S model and Toyota messed up by not droping a 2zzge engine into it or something. the only difference between a corolla S model and the others is the fact that the S comes with black interior only, fog lights, and now on the 03 models a 6 piece lip kit.

the 03 has gotten a lil more play because of the lil kit.....now if they have wanted to they could have given it power and it would have more support than it has.

but Toyota has other cars for that so they dont worry about it. oh well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts