NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister took out my 93 camry today and the auto tranny blew. Just her luck, the one time she drives it in like 5 months it blows, and she prob wasent even driving it hard like i usually do. Its gonna cost a bit to get it fixed... :( My question is if it would be cheaper to replace the auto tranny, or to convert it to a manuel tranny. Ide prefer manuel so it would be faster, but i dont know if it would cost more.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Its both expensive and a pain in the ass to put a manual in - you have to install a new ECM, new pedal assy, clutch master, slave, tranny, flywheel, clutch disc, pressure plate, shifter, cables, Engine wiring harness, rewire reverse lights, wire in Clutch switch for starting, etc.

Definitely cheaper to put in a remanned auto tranny.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not a beter tho, it only has 63k miles on it and the tranny blew cause i race it around 24/7. So its gonna get fixed thats not the question, the questions is would it be cheaper in the long run to swap it out with a manuel tranny. Cause a 200hp stick 2900lb car would be pretty fast. Its fast already as auto but it would be way faster stick

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,866 Posts
Save up for the TRD SC. Then it will be fast. ;)

If you've got the money and can afford to lose the car for a while, go for the stick.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'd trade that bad boy in...for something more...uh...bad...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i already have two "bad" cars i dont need a third. 2000 celica gt-s and 94 supra tt 6-speed if thats not bad ass then what is

1 - 14 of 14 Posts