NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i have continully been tryin fix my VVTL-i and i still have not gotten it fixed but thats neither here or there right now. My problem now is that while i am drivin if i push the gas more than a couple centimeters or just mash on it while in idle the engine starts to bog down or floods. I think thats what is happin cuz it just dies on me while in neutral. There re no CELs that stay on but while i am on the gas it flashs one at me and than goes away. I have changed out the fuel injectors, spark plugs, new oil after an engine flush, new lift bolts, and new MAFS. I honestly dont know what the issue is but if anyone has any ideas please help me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
We had that same problem but we had a non stock ECU a it was fighting with the stock, cause it wasnt a stand alone, and someone did by him self. So the first question is if the engine was somehow tuned or modified?

Do you have SRI or CAI? Heard something with bogging here somewhere. It was with the "BB mod". Thy to search. One thread is also stickied. Just search.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have cai and when i did the spark plugs the was oil on the second and fourth plug.(lookin from the front left, pass side)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dredging up and adding to an old thread is frowned upon.
Alright so i have continully been tryin fix my VVTL-i and i still have not gotten it fixed but thats neither here or there right now. My problem now is that while i am drivin if i push the gas more than a couple centimeters or just mash on it while in idle the engine starts to bog down or floods. I think thats what is happin cuz it just dies on me while in neutral. There re no CELs that stay on but while i am on the gas it flashs one at me and than goes away. I have changed out the fuel injectors, spark plugs, new oil after an engine flush, new lift bolts, and new MAFS. I honestly dont know what the issue is but if anyone has any ideas please help me.

SEll your Toyota and buy a real VTEC car like an SI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.