NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay you may have read the thread about my revvs bouncing when i shift. Well tonight on the way home i was getting on it shifted to 3rd at 8000rmps drop at 6000rmps the revvs bounced.. then i let off. then all of a sudden the revvs just shot up to around 8000rmps and just keep fluacting how ever you spell it. so i put it in netural real qucik and it still was doing it.. so i took my foot off the gas then a few seconds later everything went to normal. now about 2 weeks ago my car had a cel because it misfired and there is a tsb for the injectors and ecu but they havent come in yet. do you have any idea what could have cause this? oh yeah while all this was going on the car wasnt accerlating.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Are you sure teh whole engine was doing that or was it just the tach (was the engine tone changing in harmony with what the tach was doing)

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey I dont know much about celicas but that **** happened to me in my eclipse and one of the plugs was fouled out so I bought new plugs gappped them and it was all good so that maybe the prob like I said dont know too much about the gts Im trying to learn

·
Registered
49 Posts
check where ur spark plugs are and make sure no water got in there somehow. that happened to my civic and we couldnt figure out what the hell was going on. I looked in pretty deep with a flash light and saw some water reflect back and had to blow all the water out with an air compressor.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that was my first thought griffin.. but the only reason i said no to that. because when i stop accerlating hard i was around 6500 so how does it just jump to 8000rpms. could the ecu cause this? could it be the clutch?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
exotic performance said:
that was my first thought griffin.. but the only reason i said no to that. because when i stop accerlating hard i was around 6500 so how does it just jump to 8000rpms. could the ecu cause this? could it be the clutch?
Only way your RPM can jump up without the car accelerating is if you are in neutral, or if teh clutch is slipping / disengaged.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
exotic performance said:
so i put it in netural real qucik and it still was doing it.. so i took my foot off the gas then a few seconds later everything went to normal.
From this passage I gather that you were still had your foot on the gas pedal while you were in neutral???? Am I correct?

·
Registered
128 Posts
check your cable, and spark plugs, and last put your car in 5th gear and try to take off, If your rpm's goes up without you moving then it's your clutch. ( Just take it to the dealer)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so could this also explain the reason when i shift the revvs bounce once they drop? I just dont understand why the clutch is sliping because the one in there now only has about 12,000 miles on it. It was replaced because its got messed up from gear oil. Some how the gear oil started leaking onto the clutch and it wasnt disengaging. So they replaced it. *sigh* i just want another transmission because i just keep having problems with the thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.