NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
I don't hate domestics at all. I respect them for what they are and I'd love to own a vette, but I prefer the styling, design, and spirit of japanese and some german cars over the american "muscle" cars. If I was rich and could own multiple cars, a mustang would probably be one of them, however its not my first choice. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Redline said:
I don't hate domestics at all. I respect them for what they are and I'd love to own a vette, but I prefer the styling, design, and spirit of japanese and some german cars over the american "muscle" cars. If I was rich and could own multiple cars, a mustang would probably be one of them, however its not my first choice. :)
I respect your honesty and your respect of others choice in autos. Thanks for being level headed.

~Colby

·
Registered
374 Posts
i hope u all know our cars are not fast at all.. i have a 6mT and its not fast... but it'll do on the streets.... don't race.. its pointless... there will always be someone else that beats u..

try track.. great car for track tho.. i'm looking forward for hotchkit for my car..

·
Registered
65 Posts
xav3x said:
i hope u all know our cars are not fast at all.. i have a 6mT and its not fast... but it'll do on the streets.... don't race.. its pointless... there will always be someone else that beats u..

try track.. great car for track tho.. i'm looking forward for hotchkit for my car..
I would actually take a Celica and pimp it out to run autoX or something. I think they are a tight looking car. How well do they do in autocross, both stock and supped up engine wise/suspension?

~Colby

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Bullitt4711 said:

I would actually take a Celica and pimp it out to run autoX or something. I think they are a tight looking car. How well do they do in autocross, both stock and supped up engine wise/suspension?

~Colby
The lower end GT celica's do better in their class than the gt-s does in its class. engaging lift while on a sharp turn is a killer.

·
Registered
808 Posts
GS class was convincingly won at the 2002 Autocross Nationals by a GT driver. His advantage back then was that he used double adjustable shocks in the rear of the car. People are still sorting the Celica suspension out. Most nationally competitive Celica autocrossers are running d/a shocks all around now. Clearly there's a lot of development to go.

Who says the Celica isn't (or can't be made into) a sports car?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.