NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up every long time no see been out the forums lately due to my new project car . Few weeks ago tho i managed to finally get an original 6 speed gts celica! Locally too. Its 1d0 00 GTS 6 speed with 97k. I still have my automatic gt kicking around and still be daily drive till i get the new celica back up to spec and daily drive able status:smoke:. My old celica has 210k and smoking like freight train and drinks oil like no tomorrow:marky: My original plan was to fix and swapped my 00 gt but unfortunately new england has gotten the best of her so i opted to get another celica instead.

So few weeks I picked up my new celica ran really good no lights on the dash and finally felt Lift for the first time ever haha. I needs paint but mechanically it sound. My goals for the GTS is to paint it zephyr blue. Do full Trial body kit on undecided wheels lol. Also want the C one cf hood and do good suspension upgrades. My old celica has alot of old school rare parts on swapping over to the new celica which will : 03 Black interior all the cf interior panels , get the Kaminari wing fixed and get the carbon fiber recleared. Install my 03 tails with the "Gootz tint" and possibly my trd exhaust if i cant find another one since its leaking lol.

Here few pics of the celica and the old one and my 86!:

So looking forward to the new celica journey !

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
It looks like you have a very expensive long term project ahead of you. If you don't already have them... good luck trying to get your hands on a full Trial kit or a C-One V2 cf hood, it won't be easily done. :dspnt:

Why not just swap over your Enkeis for the new build? They will look great with Zephyr blue too.

Nice 86 btw. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea for sure it be worth it in the long run ive already located the trial kit all I need is locate the c one hood and will see want to either work meisters or ce28s and thanks:cheers:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Nice build start thread and good luck! I'm looking forward to updates!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Small update found locally 05 celica at junkyard with dashboard intact so I removed it today and swapped over the dash to complete my 03 interior conversion. So just need to swapp everything over from gt to the gts and i wil have complete black interior!

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Its so strange to see the two different interior colors together in one interior, lol. The 03+ dark is so much better isn't it? I feel quite fortunate that my car just came with it and I didn't have to do all the hunting and swapping, it looks like a pain in the ***.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its so strange to see the two different interior colors together in one interior, lol. The 03+ dark is so much better isn't it? I feel quite fortunate that my car just came with it and I didn't have to do all the hunting and swapping, it looks like a pain in the ***.
haha right lol i couldnt wait to install the ash board thats why and yea its def a pita but its fun doing the hunting and plus its good learning experience lol. What really sucks is when you find 03 black dashboard at junkyard and you decide to remove it and leave it there to come back next week to scoop it up just to fin dout someone else took and you did all the work for nothing haha. To be honest i it wasnt to bad tho

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Yeah, that would suck, never remove a part without taking it home... just too easy for it to walk off.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good stuff man. Glad to see someone on here I recognize.

Hey, didn't you buy some parts off me a while back?
Likewise man! long time no see and yea I bought the kenny heiser cf dash piece from you I believe. Mayb some other cf pieces as well its been so long lol

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update:

Managed to get time and take both celicas apart to swap both interiors over. Slowly but surely forgot to take picture but scooped up the 05 center cosle and shift console forgot to take a pic. Also installed most Cf pieces i had except the center console because its not in the best shape hopefully find someone thats willing to part . ( * image overload but want to document the entire process of this car haha)

05 Black interior pics:

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy93/guateracer1/
15698035_1388555181176991_8992670233731502771_n_zpsisjjdvul.jpg

So far so good next thing is to try to get some paint on this car and so i can put the final pieces on it !

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Bet it feels good to have that part done. It looks like one of your pics didn't upload, maybe it is just missing an IMG at one end or the other.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Decided to remove all the plastidip that was on the sunroof, wing and actual roof. Def not fun lol but at least its gone lol Also got my jdm oem hid headlights in! Just need to figure out how make the harness and get oem leveling switch and I should be good to go

Before :

Sunroof all cleaned up:

After:

My newly acquired OEM HIDS!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Small update: Just waiting a little longer to get the car painted but managed to scoop up replacement oem tabs for my headlights. Didn't even know it existed till i saw someone post about it sure enough did some research and they came in !

freem photo

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Now there is a handy little piece of information for the many who have experienced the broken tab issue. Good on you for sharing the part numbers!

Do you know if there are there just replacement tabs available for the top of the headlights, or are there some for the other two mounting tabs as well?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts