NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The Megan Racing strut bar looked weak to me so I bought an APR one:

And I bought a second hatch to go wingless when spring comes!

A lot of changes coming before the end of May, stay tuned.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I feel like I read a novel. It was a long and hard journey but you learned so much and the end result is worth it. :) Glad to be of help when I could.
I love that last picture of you and your car with the sunset. Hahaha! :D If you are ever in the city again drop by my place for a well deserved beer. :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Guess who's back!? lol

Boost line going to the FPR popped off while taking the car for a spin...Probably ran lean, detonated and went hot a little too... Compression went down in one cylinder and coolant got down a little...

Complete diagnostic coming soon...

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
You are an inspiration mate, no matter what happens with your car you are always happy to see it back on the road.

Your car looks fantastic mate. Will be back on the road in no time I am sure

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You are an inspiration mate, no matter what happens with your car you are always happy to see it back on the road.

Your car looks fantastic mate. Will be back on the road in no time I am sure
Thank you!

Final diagnosis came in today:

Head gasket was ok but the head warped a little between cylinders 3 and 4. It is salvageable, though. Piston 3 is toasted but sleeves are still OK! :)

Both camshafts are wiped and half the rockers are wiped too. My oil is going bad very quickly because of the turbo. I didn't know 4000kms between oil changes would be that bad... I bought cheaper oil for my last oil change because they were out of Mobil1, I guess I'll have to take the blame on that one...

My mechanic adviced me to use LiquiMolly, any reviews on this brand?

MWR doesn't want to sell me a single piston replacement. Where can I get one? I e-mailed directly Wiseco Canada, I'm waiting for an answer...

I'll replace the piston in cylinder 3 only but I'll change all 4 piston ring sets!

The car should be back on the road pretty quickly ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have purchased single replacement pistons for the older 22R Celicas from Wiseco Canada in Woodstock ON, so they can probably help you out. It will speed things up if you have the part number stamped on the top of the piston.
Dentman

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I have purchased single replacement pistons for the older 22R Celicas from Wiseco Canada in Woodstock ON, so they can probably help you out. It will speed things up if you have the part number stamped on the top of the piston.
Dentman
Adam from Wiseco in ON told me yesterday the minimum order is 4...
He's giving a good price on the set though compared to MWR because of the very bad USD/CAD exchange rate we have right now...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Adam from Wiseco in ON told me yesterday the minimum order is 4...
He's giving a good price on the set though compared to MWR because of the very bad USD/CAD exchange rate we have right now...
The USD/CAD exchange rate is absolutely killer right now. What an awful time to have to buy some engine components. Good on you, though, contributing to the economy like a good Canadian!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The long weekend gave me time to work on the car. She's back on the road!

4 new pistons, 1 replaced sleeve, new bearings all around and new intake camshaft and rockers (looks like oil lubrification isn't optimal)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wow, this is definitely an indicator to keep going with my car! The only thing stopping me is time and $$. Your car inspired me to push through the problems that mine is giving me

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did you have to modify the charge piping much when you ran it under the bay? I'd like to do the same when I turbo her later this year for the sake of keeping the bay cleaner..

21 - 40 of 49 Posts