NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had really been looking at making blue gauges, but also was looking for some red in there as well. I originally ordered Russ' black and blue gauges, but the numbers were impossible to see during the day. So I returned them for the black and white gauges and decided to do some customizing on them. Here's a pic of the standard black/white gauges I'm sure you've seen.

And here's them held up to a white backlight. I used colored filters for stage lighting on the back side. In the car, they will be backlight by white El sheet, and the needles will be red.

So what do you think?

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
J3adSeed said:
i think they make reverse indiglos identical to that. especially if you're using a el sheet to light it up anyway.
No. They make SIMILAR ones, but only for a GT. Hence why I had to go this route... Plus, those ones have a white face, which I think looks like poop.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If you use EL sheet for lighting how do you see the engine check, high beam, door ajar, and all the rest of the car status lights?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
as soon as i find the time to finish the artwork... I've been overwhelmed w/lots of stuff lately (past 3 months :( )

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sponge said:
If you use EL sheet for lighting how do you see the engine check, high beam, door ajar, and all the rest of the car status lights?
The same way I managed to not cover them over with the colored filters :wtf:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts