NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was on the freeway,my engine started making a clicking noise. I pulled over and checked my oil and it was empty. I called the shop that does my oil change and told them that its their falt because they probebly did'nt put enough or there was a leak somewere. I had synthetic oil and was only at 3700 miles. They said its good up to 5000. Anywayz they denied everything and my car is at the dealership being checked. Does anyone here think that I have a case against the shop? My car is out of warrenty and if i have to buy another engine, should I buy a replacment or a used gts engine? Has anyone put a gts engine in a gt?

·
Registered
990 Posts
how many miles do u have .. sounds like u spun a rod bearing .... the celica ..well in my case burned like a lill over a quart of oil every 3000 miles .. u gotta check that crap

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Good for 5000 miles only means the oil is serviceable for that long.
It is your responsibility to check you oil frequently to maintain it at the proper level.
In fact, I believe the owners manual recomends you should check your oil every time you "gas up".

Please don`t tell us you didn`t check your oil for 3700 miles!
If that`s the case, you just learned a very expensive lesson.
The oil in any car should be checked frequently.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
megaron said:
yes about a month and half before
I mean right before as in that day. Like your oil filter falling off because they put on the wrong size and such. In this case, there is a lot that could have happened. Not saying that you did, but from a legal stand point, you could have bottomed out or something crazy and developed a bad leak. Not saying you did, but this is possibly how the law may see it.

FYI

Good luck tho.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
that sux
you shoulda pulled the drain plug out and tossed it down the road..
or in the bushes or something, just get rid of it. and then act stupid like wtf wheres my drainplug!!?? They didnt put it on tight enough :D

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Don't be such a bunch of wankers with all this bad advice - Dude - show your dealership your oil change receipts and ask them to investigate where the oil went. A long as you did your oil changes its up to the dealer to prove where it went - for all you know your rings may be smoked and you were burning the oil. There are a lot of warrantable reasons for oil to go bye bye after all. The Corolla and MR2 both has issues with oil consumption in the 2000 & 2001 Model years - your GT shares the same block and the same potential problem.

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
megaron said:
Thankx. now im pretty convinced that I will need to pay for a new engine but I dont want it from a dealer. Does anyone know were I can get a used GT engine?
don't give up so easy. fight it!!!fight it!!! take it to the dealer. make them prove that it's your fault. when there is no other option, then get a used engine

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Spoke to toyota today and they said that one of the rods is busted. They said that i would probebly need a new engine. Do I?
cant I use the same block and get parts somewere else? LOL sorry for being cheap but i am broke and engines are not cheap.:rolleyes:

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
i'm guessing toyota would not cover it then. if that's the case u need a new or used short block.

EDIT:try and find out what the exact cause of the rod failier. oil consumtion or oil leake..ect....if it was an oil leak, how did the oil leak. depending on that u can get a lawyer and they and get the oil place to cover it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.