NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it took some time but i finaly finished my exhaust project.

I have turboed my 1zz-fe so i need a exhaust with as little backpressure as possible. Wel not totally tru, i want it not to loud.
In the past i "upgraded'" my stock muffler for a straight through Remus muffler. It give a nice low sound.
But its 2 inch so a little to small for the turbo.

I searched a lot and read a lot about exhaust systems and theory.

I ended up with the idea Boosted and GTE suggested.
A Dynomax VT 2.5 inch as only muffler.

see pictures:

old setup. Remus muffler and Remus end pipe. The Remus is a quality product from Austria its in fully real stainless steel (304)... not the questionable "American" stainless steel. The Stainless steel turbo kits exhaust pipe and the stainless steel Dynomax Vt are in 409 steel... it will evently rust..:-(

https://www.myalbum.com/album/o6LEiiUJ1oSS

After a cold start its a bit loud. After warming up, idle sound has a nice low rumble and not to loud. At 80 -100 km/h its not so quiet (2000 - 2600 rpm), at 120 -130 km/h (3000 - 3500 rpm) its quieter than at 80 km/h. I find it a bit strange?? Overal its not to loud for me.
There are still some little leaks (slip fit) i have to fix, but i let it first warm up and cool down a couple off times....

enjoy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well it took some time but i finaly finished my exhaust project.

I have turboed my 1zz-fe so i need a exhaust with as little backpressure as possible. Wel not totally tru, i want it not to loud.
In the past i "upgraded'" my stock muffler for a straight through Remus muffler. It give a nice low sound.
But its 2 inch so a little to small for the turbo.

I searched a lot and read a lot about exhaust systems and theory.

I ended up with the idea Boosted and GTE suggested.
A Dynomax VT 2.5 inch as only muffler.

see pictures:

old setup. Remus muffler and Remus end pipe. The Remus is a quality product from Austria its in fully real stainless steel (304)... not the questionable "American" stainless steel. The Stainless steel turbo kits exhaust pipe and the stainless steel Dynomax Vt are in 409 steel... it will evently rust..:-(

https://www.myalbum.com/album/o6LEiiUJ1oSS

After a cold start its a bit loud. After warming up, idle sound has a nice low rumble and not to loud. At 80 -100 km/h its not so quiet (2000 - 2600 rpm), at 120 -130 km/h (3000 - 3500 rpm) its quieter than at 80 km/h. I find it a bit strange?? Overal its not to loud for me.
There are still some little leaks (slip fit) i have to fix, but i let it first warm up and cool down a couple off times....

enjoy
Do you have pictures of your turbo setup

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well i fixed the little leaks but....

Well ... it sound like a silly question.
Where on the Celica can (exhaust)gases enter the cabin?
I have the situation that after a drive my clothes, hair, face and hands always smell. My eyes and throat are dry. It feels that my skin is a little oiled.
But on the otherside. My interior is not oiled So it is maybe a skin reaction.
I have searched for a exhaust leak. Cant find it.
Has anyone a suggestion?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody? I think its exhaustgas. I am not losing oil. I lose Some coolant. Strange to. If i fill it to max. Its in no time (100 km) on low and it stays there.
something is burning and entering the cabin. I thought .. maybe blowby gasses (through the breather filter).. is that An option?

·
Registered
492 Posts
If something's leaking in the engine bay, it would stink up the inside of the car. Just throwing a guess out, maybe you have a coolant leak near the turbo that's burning up on the exhaust?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts